No elder alone in Paca Region
Start date: 01 May 2015,
End date: 31 Jan 2017
Les petits frères des Pauvres is an association born in 1946 that accompanies people over 50 years, who suffer from isolation and financial difficulties, by creating with them a long term relation based in trust and confidence.
This project has for objective to welcome 2 European volunteers, from February 2015 to February 2016, in the offices of the association in the Paca Region of France, one in the team of Marseille and the second in the team of Toulon.
The general missions that the volunteers will be in charge are:
- Participate in the visiting program for elderly friends: home or nursing home visits, regular phone calls, support the development of different social activities, etc.
- Participate in projects of animation (special events, cultural activities), by helping in their implementation and in their organization.
- Participate in communication and sensibilization for the cause: awareness-raising activities, associative forums, press relations, search for partners, etc.
The volunteers will have to have the following profile:
- Between 18 and 30 years
- Have the will to progress in French, to be the most comfortable as possible on the project
- Be in capacity to work in a team
- Be open-minded and wanting to have new experiences and to acquire capacities, social, intercultural and personal skills
- Have a motivation and an availability to participate actively in the activities proposed with the elderly.
The ideal candidate for the project is a person with a passion for working with older people, who can recognise the value and appreciate the experience of older people. A background in social work is very helpful but is not essential as the charity is also very interested in young people with volunteering experience with any group in their home community, who have a desire to make a difference and who want to use their skills towards supporting a charitable organisation. If the volonteers have some skill in computers science, they will be able to use them and to increase their skills in the field. The key attribute is a willingness to learn, to work with a diverse group of volunteers and to help older people to live their lives as independently as possible.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation