NFE - opportunity for social inclusion
Start date: Jan 15, 2015,
End date: Aug 14, 2015
In our organisations we work with youngsters with difficult socio-economic background and with fewer opportunities (due to their families’ social, economical situation or national/ethnic background). It is challenging for our youth workers to ensure participation frame of those participants that would ensure their personal and professional development. This training course is designed for those youth workers who have basic competences in using NFE and working with inclusion, but need to fine tune their competences in order to ensure quality development of every participant of theirs during the NFE activities they lead. The training course is developed for youth workers and trainers willing to plan, prepare and lead NFE and experiential learning activities for social inclusion.
The core activity of the project is – 8 days long training course. It will be organised in the youth hostel in Zadar, from 7th till 15th May 2015. Project will gather 32 participants, trainers and staff from 16 organisations and 11 countries (Croatia, FYR Macedonia, Poland, Slovenia, Italy, Cyprus, Estonia, Romania, Spain, Turkey and Bulgaria).
• To achieve common understanding of NFE and inclusion
• To share experiences about inclusion/exclusion realities in our countries/communities
• To discuss and understand how EU social inclusion policies influence our countries being members of EU or having (potential) candidate status to EU
• To explore the needs of socially excluded groups and of exclusive society in order to be able to improve situations towards more inclusive society
• To explore NFE opportunities for different individuals
• To explore and encourage the usage of the experiential learning in NFE activities for inclusion
• To develop and implement NFE activities to implement in local communities
• To analyse the implemented practices and to recommend how best to use experiential learning for inclusion in our youth work
• To learn how we can use “Erasmus+ Youth in Action” programme for inclusion in society and to develop mutual projects
The training course is based on the pedagogical understanding of the Council of Europe and the European Commission Partnership Programme and our own experience and expertise in youth NFE work for inclusion. As the training materials we will use SALTO booklets, T-kits, Compass, etc. The training course will follow the non-formal education approach, principles and methods and will be based on participants' experience and exchange.
All partners will be involved in preparation, implementation and evaluation and follow-up phase and activities during the training course, while the preparation team of trainers, facilitators and staff will be comprised of experienced youth trainers from applicant (Realization) and from partner organisation from FYR Macedonia (Kreaktiv and maybe also CID).
Project will have biggest impact on direct beneficiaries-participants who will further develop their skills in defining, planning, preparing and leading quality inclusion NFE activities / training courses of other youth workers and youngsters within their local centres and activities and European level projects. Also, there will be important impact on participating / partner organisations who will receive trained people to improve own work with NFE for inclusion and will be more capable and better equipped for developing of new local and European inclusion projects and partnerships.
As a potential longer term benefit, we expect increase in number of young people contributing to quality inclusive society, through increased quality of non-formal education activities in communities, as long-term perspective of multiplying and sustainable impact.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation