"Newcomers in Erasmus Plus – Preparing for Quality..
"Newcomers in Erasmus Plus – Preparing for Quality Mobility Projects"
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
"Newcomers in Erasmus+: Youth in Action – Preparing for Quality Mobility Projects" the project was focused on preparing youth workers to be able to develop quality mobility projects within the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme
In this line the project had 18 participants who are working with as project managers and youth workers together going through the process of project cycle management and as well discussing about the inclusiveness of the projects for youth with fewer opportunities. Participants arrived from Italy, Macedonia, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland and Belgium.
The main aim was to develop competences of youth workers enabling them to design and implement effective Erasmus+: Youth in Action mobility projects and foster social cohesion in their local communities through active involvement of local youth. Objectives of the project:
- To increase the quality of mobility projects for young people who have never been involved in non-formal learning activities
- To support inclusive project development which will ultimately increase the motivation of the youth to be active
- To provide space for networking between youth mobility providers and youth policy makers in order to support quality impact of the youth mobility projects
- To promote Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme to new users of the programme and support them in adding value to the youth activities they are offering
The training has directly motivated youth workers to get engaged and collaborate in their home area to make inclusive projects and offer proper support. In this way the partner associations have benefited directly by multiplying activities of the youth workers on this training course. Some partner organizations decided to send participants coming from their local partner clubs or smaller “newcomers”. For these partners their benefit is to expend their networks and have more partners on national or local level.
The following are important indicators of the follow-up and multipliers effect of the course:
- At least 4 follow-up projects with youth with fewer opportunities were developed until now
- Partner organizations participants reflected to improve the accessibility of Erasmus Plus for youth with fewer opportunities
- Participants worked on raising awareness of local communities about the added value of youth mobility projects
- All partners have new networks and partners for quality projects
- A list of recommendations for quality partnerships is available to all partners and other youth organizations
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation