Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2016
The title of the project – NEW BALANCE
Place of the Project – Panevezys special education centre "Sviesa"
Target group – intellectually disabled children and Youth from EU.
Participating countries: LT, AT, ESP, FR, PT
Number of volunteers: 4
Main idea of the project – Let‘s create the challenges, which would be the reason to move forward.
Project motto: Let’s do it what you want to do and do it right!
Objective of the project – To create environments for open and direct dialogue, collaboration between able and disabled youth, in pursuance of personal, social and professional (vocational) changes.
• To include volunteers in social exclusion reduction activities for people with disabilities.
• To develop youth’s civil (citizenship) responsible behavior and approach, providing the opportunity to participate in activities.
• To promote self confidence of volunteers and disabled youth.
• To make new friends, communicate with them and stay in touch.
• To develop collaboration skills of able and disabled youth.
• To promote cross-cultural dialogue.
• To provide the opportunity to implement various educational activities.
• To promote self-expression and self-regulation skills in youth using creative methods.
• To include youth who have lower opportunities in the different activities.
• To help disabled and youth from social risk groups who have integration in the society problems include themselves in the society.
• To acquire the competencies needed for future professional (vocational) activity.
• To develop ability to disseminate (spread) gained experiences to peers and society.
Methods – learning of communication and collaboration, non formal meetings/discussions, working in group, team work, cognitive s, creative, intercultural methods, practical work, presentations, methods of active learning and evaluation, simulations, games for the integration, alternative communication.
Duration of the project: 01-08-2015/30-09-2016 (14 months)
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation