Nell-Breuning-School-Project in UK III
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
With the “Nell-Breuning school project in UK III”, the school offers trainees the possibility to attend a four-week internship in an English company in the south of Britain. The parties involved are the Nell-Breuning school Rottweil as sending organisation, Tellus Group and Twin Group as receiving organisations, the beneficiaries, their training companies and their companies providing internships in the sending country.
The apprentices are at the end of the first and/or second year within their three-year or two-year training course. The training focuses, on the one hand, on conveying specialist knowledge in the areas of business administration and economy, and the acquisition and/or consolidation of English as a business language on the other. The project aims at helping apprentices to improve their foreign language skills as well as their intercultural and professional competence, benefitting the companies with their labour.
Companies in Baden-Wurttemberg traditionally place a strong focus on international markets. The situation in the district of Rottweil, where the training companies of the potential participants in the project are located, is similar. Small and medium-sized enterprises predominate here. Since the internationalisation of small and medium-sized enterprises will increase in the near future, the demands on employees will also increase. Language skills and intercultural competence are increasingly required. The aim of the project is to apply and deepen the specialist knowledge acquired in the vocational training school and in the training company, to become familiar with business operations in English companies, to get to know the English way of life and culture and to further develop oral and written English language skills.
We pursue the following objectives, in particular:
- Promoting the internationalisation of vocational training in Baden-Wurttemberg
- Making the stay abroad an integral part of the training (especially in small and medium-sized enterprises)
- Raising awareness among companies about investing in internationally well-trained professionals at an early stage, which is important to us as a school
- Increasing the attractiveness of the dual training system
- Promoting professional, intercultural, social and language skills (mobility, flexibility, independence, self-confidence, etc.)
- Expanding the establishment of long-term contacts with foreign companies and suppliers.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation