NEET2NEET: From Not in Education, Employment or Tr..
NEET2NEET: From Not in Education, Employment or Training
to New Employability Empowering Tools
Start date: Aug 16, 2014,
End date: Mar 16, 2015
Youth unemployment is one of the most relevant challenges in contemporary Europe. Youth transition into an adult autonomous working life has been becoming a longer and complexer issue. Youth employability is directly related to life independence, which plays a central role in other structural social policies, like family policies, for example. All the new documents – Europe 2020 and its flagship – stress on the employability as a key factor for development.
The general approach is to focus on unemployment from a meta-level and structural position: what policy should do, how economy should be ruled etc. The idea of this training course is to make it upside down! How the empowerment strategy within a non formal education approach can support youth employability? What concrete tools do we have as youth workers to develop the competences of the young people we work with? In this TC we will try find answers to these and related questions with an international group of 27 youth workers and 3 learning facilitators coming from 10 different countries.
The main objectives of the training course are:
1. deepening the understanding of employability
2. Exploring how NFE can promote empowerment and how it is linked with youth employability
3. To experiment an empowerment process
4. To learn how to use a concrete tool as photo-voice to support youth employability and to involve the community in this process (photo-voice is a Participatory action and research method by which people create and discuss photographs as a means of catalyzing personal and community change)
5. getting to know how Erasmus+ can support youth employability
The project includes 13 promoters and it will take place in Padova (Italy) from the 15th to the 22nd of November 2014 (6 days training + 2 travel days).
The methodology used for the activities are based on the principles of non formal education, using in the specific group work, forum theatre, acting, simulation and role play.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation