MY LIFE YOUR LIFE
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
My Life Your Life is a Bilateral Youth Exchange between youth organisations in Germany and Northern Ireland involving 24 young people aged 15 - 17 years. The project will take place in Northern Ireland from 20 - 31 July 2015.
Participants will come from areas of disadvantage and segregation where they do not get many opportunities to work and learn about others. Involvement in this project will enable them to explore diversity, culture, citizenship thus increasing their skills for employment.
The project will use a variety methods including outdoor education, media and arts workshops, group presentations, community visits and also visits to areas of cultural importance. Through these activities and workshops it is planned that the young people will achieve the following outcomes:
1. Explore own values and attitudes and develop these through planned experiences
2. Experience and share cultures and diversity
3. Develop and promote attitudes, confidence and skills to increase employment prospects
4. To promote active citizenship of the young people within their own regions and within the EU
5. To have participated in, take responsibility for and evaluate own learning from the experiences
It is planned that a follow up exchange will take place in 2016 hosted in Germany. This will focus on cultural learning , European citizenship and development of skills.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation