Movilidad Erasmus FP IES Nuestra Señora de Bótoa
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The I.E.S. Nuestra Señora de Bótoa, in Badajoz, is an educational institution belonging to the Ministry of Education, Government of Extremadura which provides vocational training and higher education, in the Agricultural and Construction and Civil Engineering branches. The school has had the ECHE letter since 2014, and this is the first Project presented.
With this project two student mobilities are applied for. They study Gardening and Florist being one of them a VET student and the other one a recent graduate.
To carry out the project we have tried to get all the school departments involved by following the methodology below:
• The students have been provided with information on the Erasmus+ Programme.
• Forms have been delivered to applicants.
• The students interested in participating have passed a language test to assess their language level.
• The different departments have developed the objectives and the future impact of the project.
• We have made contact with the enterprises.
• Departments have made a proposal of a number of mobilities.
• A selection of students for mobilities has been made.
• The application form has been fulfilled.
The expected results and impact are:
• Regarding the student who will be hosted in an enterprise in Portugal, the first and most remarkable outcome would be the completion of his degree. Besides, he would be able to develop and implement his knowledge in a working environment as well as to become aware of a different lifestyle and culture. This will serve to increase tolerance and respect as well as improve his language skills.
The same applies to the recently graduated student who will acquire professional experience, which will help him in finding a job. It will also help him develop the knowledge acquired in the vocational training cycle in a work environment and improve his language skills, respect and tolerance.
• As for the school, it will favour its integration into the European education system, as well as the promotion of its activities in Spain and abroad.
• Regarding teachers, they will learn, through the relationship with students performing mobilities and partners, how training and work are carried out in other European countries.
• As for the surroundings, the Erasmus+ Programme is expected to have a positive impact on the labour market after our students’ acquisition of skills to work in or with Portuguese companies.
We can say that in the long-term the project will have benefits such as the improvement of the employability of students both locally and internationally, which will be also beneficial for the labour market of the area and would a positive impact on the school by giving the possibility to offer this opportunity to its students.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation