move your wEUrld
Start date: 18 May 2015,
End date: 17 Nov 2015
"move your wEUrld" is a youth exchange from the KA1 of the erasmus plus program.
The project will take place in Ajaccio (Corsica, France) from August 23rd until August 30th 2015. It involves 20 participants from France, Italy, Croatia and Portugal. For each partner organisation, 4 youngsters from 16 to 18 years old and 1 group leader 18+ will participate. The project is organised by the Centre of Sport and Youth of Corsica (CSJC) which is promoting sport and culture toward youngsters.
"move your wEUrld" plans to give opportunity to make the participants active in the project through the use of outdoor sports (orienteering, hiking, kayaking, night out) and creative workshops as well as new technologies (filming, video editing, creating symbolic art) but also by giving them freedom to deliver a workshop they will have created upstream the event.
The youth exchange objectives are to promote social inclusion and european citizenship, relying on collective work based on open questions about Europe of tomorrow and what defines being european citizen today.
The project is thought in particular to :
- develop knowledge about European Union, Europe and its diversities as well as the sense of belonging. To think about the importance to develop European identity.
- discover how much sport and creativity are incomparable tools to support intercultural dialogue, to valorize differencies and learn through life experiences.
- develop soft skills, social competencies such as opening to the other, respect, equity, discovering by talking, sharing of values, being able to promote diverity at European level
- develop hard skills, technical competencies about different sports, but also video editing and framing a movie.
- enhance erasmus plus by promoting the different programs in order to create a quality and sustainable network of cooperation.
CSJC has a strong experience in non formal education, by helping participants to express feelings and emerge reflections through different debriefing tools or activities called of "experiential learning" and suggest to participants to give their own value to what they are experiencing.
Thus, the desired impact is to make youngsters commit to develop a stronger Europe, more united and more open, by participating and creating european projects, and acting in the sense of respect and sharing positive values of the diversity that creates the richness of people.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation