Start date: 01 Apr 2015,
End date: 31 Oct 2015
MotivACTION is a Training Course was based on the aim to develop motivational skills of youth exchange leaders in towards young participants, stimulating their active participation. The empowerment of leaders of various NGOs will increase the quality of youth exchanges and youth projects through the research for appropriate models of motivation.
The basic idea of this project was to determine the development of different forms of motivation that let the leader become not a teacher or a mentor, but a facilitator who knows how to motivate and engage young people. The project will directly involve 32 young people from 16 countries in the frame of Partner Countries (Italy, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Latvia, Estonia, Greece, Kosovo, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Spain and Turkey.) and will last 8 days, 3 to 10 June 2015 (including travel days) and it will collect them in Nicolosi, a charming town at the foot of the volcano Etna in eastern Sicily (Italy).
The project will implement an international training course based on non-formal education methods, which aims to:
• Promote and facilitate the active approach to construct adequate models of motivation;
• Achieve the results of the project and disseminate them, using the experience gained in everyday life, in local organizations or in international projects;
• Increase the understanding of the role of leader in youth exchanges, youth projects and increase knowledge on personal and professional development in youth work and other fields;
• Facilitate reflection and self-evaluation on the personal motivation to be a leader;
• Build capacities and creative communication, support intercultural exchange, mutual understanding between young people in different countries, through the new competencies and skills gained will help to improve the quality of youth projects;
• Work on the skills that are key to active participation among young people.
The impact of the project will be reflected in local, regional, national and European levels. From the local to the national level, our TC will help to convey new factors that are reflected in elements such as multiculturalism, openness of the local community of reception, integration, renewed interest in the European mobility projects, acceptance of diversity, active participation, active citizenship, tolerance and respect towards other cultures.
At the European level, the main result of MotivACTION, a group of leaders from different countries experts in motivational techniques for young people, will help to increase opportunities and ensure the intercultural learning of young people in Europe who are willing to participate in youth exchanges in other countries , will increase the quality of the projects and youth exchange applyed and managed by Associazione Culturale Strauss and partners and will lay the foundation for the development of further innovative ideas that will be translated into new projects, not necessarily related to youth exchanges, under the aegis of the European Commission and of the Erasmus Programme +.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation