MORE EUROPE, MORE SKILLS II
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The project More Europe, More Skills II has been conducted by the Vocational Training Centre ADA-ITS Seville in collaboration with Centrum Szkoleniowe Euromind, a private vocational training center, and companies such as Arcom, Kuro, Auto Serwis Styla companies, Sstudio, Archidiecezja Krakowska, Minster Electronics, P.U. Krzysztof Szuster and KOMTEK located in Cracow (Poland).
The objectives that were set out in the project have been shared by our partners in fact, in Poland and, in general, in European environment. This has certainly caused that at the time of involvement in the project, there was a total commitment which let us fulfill majority of the objectives that we set in the project.
During our 12 months long project, 10 teachers and 15 students have participated from the First Grade Vocational Training from ADA-ITS Vocational Training Centre, of the following fields: Vehicle Electromechanics technician, Consumer Electronics Equipment technician and Microcomputer Systems and Networks technician.
Our students from Vocational Training Centre ADA-ITS have done an internship in Polish companies assigned by our partner in Poland, Centrum Szkoleniowe Euromind. This activity has had a duration of one month and it has been part and was validated as the first part of the training module in work centers. This activity has allowed our students to gain experience in an international environment which undoubtedly will serve as a differentiator towards their access to the labour market.
On the other hand, our teachers have travelled for a week to Krakow for a monitoring program in which they have had the opportunity to attend classes in classrooms and workshops of various training centers in Poland. It has enabled them to get to know teaching methods, teaching materials that are being used, use of new technologies and to test the teacher-student relationship from the point of view of motivation.
Additionally, the conference on current issues related to vocational training was organized and company visits were made to check the methods of practice assessment in the workplaces.
The objectives of the project are the following:
1. Improving the employability and competitiveness of our intermediate vocational trainees.
2. Improve the quality of training provided at our center in relation to the Intermediate Vocational Training Cycles.
3. To adapt our training to the real needs of the European labor market.
4. Increase the language skills of our students and staff. It is added to our training since it would be highly appreciated by companies.
5. Improve the management of European mobility programs.
6. Increase the network in Europe with training centers, businesses and other organizations involved in training and employment.
7. Continue to promote the European spirit and European mobility in our center.
The impact we seek with this project will be reflected in:
1. Increased job placement rate of our students
2. Increase in the rate of students continuing their studies in a High Vocational Training Cycle.
3. Promoting multilingualism.
4. Improve the quality of educational provision.
5. Improve the perception of image of our Center to society.
6. Creating synergies with companies and social agents.
7. Contribute to the goals of the Strategic Framework Education and Training 2020.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation