Mokausi darbo vietoje
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The main aim of the project - to improve the professional knowledge, practical skills and competences of Utena regional vocational training centre students and graduates’, including the students of special needs, belonging to risks groups, experiencing social exclusion, in order to increase their entrepreneurship, integration and competitiveness in Lithuania and the international EU labor markets while participating in the internships at the business companies and vocational training institutions in EU.
The targets of the project:
• To improve the quality of the vocational training while providing the students with the wider ways of learning range during the internships at the foreign business companies or vocational training institutions.
• To improve the employment and profession integration to the labor market opportunities of the graduates and students’ of special needs.
• To rise the prestige and the attraction of the vocational training between the students, giving the students of various professions to have their internships abroad.
The participants of the project: 42 students of I-III course from Utena regional vocational training centre and 10 graduates will go to internships in 10 periods:
1. 10 graduates (cooks, waiter-bartenders, food industry workers, auto mechanics, builders, carpenters) come on 2 months internship to Austria. The graduates of various professions, especially those who have less possibilities to employ in Lithuania (orphans, students from socially disadvantaged families, etc.), will have their internship at small butcher shops, meat snacks pubs, restaurants of the hotels, trade companies, auto service companies, construction and wood processing companies in Carinthia lands. The participant will not only get more practical skills of their profession but also will be able to see how to run family business and will gain some basic entrepreneurship skills. This may help them in the future to start their own business.
2. 7 students of auto mechanics profession will have a 28-day internship at "Centrum Wspierania Szkół-Europejskie programy Edukacyjne“ organisation in Poland. The future auto mechanicspracticed at "Wikar“ ir „Lidernowysacz " auto service companies. 3 food indusry worker at Bartnik Sądecki interprice.
3. 6 future butchers will have their internship at ZBC training centre Roskilde in Denmark because this institution offers practical training programmes that include all the process – from slaughter of animals to production supply to the customers. It gives the students opportunities to evaluate their skills in all the operations of meat processing.
4. 8 students of customer service professions come the internship to San Antonio hotel in Malta and other 8 students practiced in the "Onyria Claros“hotel and their restaurants in Turkey. The students improved their skills in producing various Mediterranean cuisine dishes, serving them, serving the customers individually or during the parties. The participants also learned how to clean rooms, give the guests information about the services provided in the hotel. The students improved their communication skills.
Beside the above mentioned competences, the project participants improved the common competences such as independence, communication, self confidence in their own skills, planning, complaisance, tolerance to other cultures and customs, as well as language learning – they improved their foreign language skills, learned new professional terms. The students gained international and intercultural experience, as well as experience in participating in the project activities. The competences gained in European countries will guarantee graduates’ more successful professional career, integration to labor market. The participants visited the famous places and museums in Denmark, Austria, Poland, Turkey and Malta, also learned about the cultures, customs, traditions, education system of these countries and that will strengthen students’ social, civil and cultural competences.
The project contributed to Lithuanian vocational training internationality development and increase of vocational training prestige. The qualified staff, having experience of international work, guaranteed the long-term development of the companies, competitiveness in Lithuanian and EU labor markets, will encourage companies to install new technologies and create new products.
53 project participants become more competitive in the labor market, will get the job easier in Lithuania and in this way they will decrease the youth emigration and unemployment.
Utena regional vocational training centre gained experience in applying ECVET to the training process and popularized the professions taught at this training centre between the future students.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation