Mobility for professional growth of Complementary ..
Mobility for professional growth of Complementary and Alternative Medicine trainers from Latvia
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
Shbad for Women Foundation (SW Foundation) wants to grow both in Latvia and internationally. To do that we needed qualified staff that can develop – together with the board members - a vision and a foundation plan for growth. The project “Mobility for professional growth of Complementary and Alternative Medicine trainers from Latvia” supported Foundation in expanding the number of curriculum and trainings offered in CAM sector inLatvia (in area of healthy diet). It also enhanced the possibility for internationalization of Foundation activities. Project partner - Giovani per l’ Europa is a European Vocational Training Exchange & Placement Center is located in Nicotera - south Italy - the town where the Mediterranean diet is studied (international research) and
popularized since 1960. In European Union there is an emerging notion that continuing education in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) should be strategically developed (as stated in CAMbrella project report "CAM research and development: Implications for the EU roadmap" 2012). A major aim of the “Mobility for professional growth of Complementary and Alternative Medicine trainers from Latvia” project was to train CAM practitioners from
Latvia in the area of healthy diet (focusing especially on Mediterranean diet) and use of European herbs to supplement healthy diet.
AIMS OF THE TRAINING ACTIVITIES were as follow:
• To offer to the Latvian participants a training experience in a different country;
• To improve the skills and competencies of the participants in the healthy food especially focusing on Mediterranean diet;
• To improve the quality of, and access to, continuing training and the lifelong acquisition of skills and competencies between Latvian CAM practitioners;
• To promote and reinforce the contribution of training in the process of innovation, and also provide new
employment possibilities to Latvian participants;
• To offer to the participants linguistic and cultural knowledge about Italy;
• To promote the European values about mobility, cultural exchange and cooperation between different countries.
In March 2016 mobility activities took place. 2 participants participated in 5 days of trainings and meetings in Italy. Trainings included: presentation of the Italian education system, short training of Italian Language, training on the use of herbs in the healthy diet, visiting local organic farm, training about food standards to be applied in Latvia compared to Italy, understanding the interrelationship between individual lifestyle and environmental effects at a global level. Cooking class was also organized. Each day daily evaluation was prepared. Last day Certificate Ceremony/Europass Mobility Document and overall evaluation meeting was organized with the host organization and the beneficiaries.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation