Micro-Enterprise & Social Action international Par..
Micro-Enterprise & Social Action international Partnership
Start date: Mar 1, 2015,
End date: Feb 28, 2017
MESAP brings together partners from Western Europe (Asfar), Eastern Europe (NAMBA) & the Middle East (Cukurova Universitesi Adana Meslek Yuksekokulu) to develop youth enterprise training, digital skills, while promoting social action & civic responsibility to develop 15 young people over a period of 24 months. The project also promotes Youth Workers skills & inter-organizational sharing & best practice through Youth Worker Training & Job shadowing activity.
MESAP's 3 Partners, based in the UK; Bulgaria; and Turkey, will work together to share Youth work best practice, develop youth professionals skills, attitudes towards Enterprise & Self-employment and develop a training programme to address youth unemployment, through which to support young people and promote their Enterprise Skills, Digital Skills & Social Action ideas, offering an alternative to traditional modes of employment.
The MESAP delivery model is broken down into 6 stages:
1) Partnership Implementation Activity
2) Enterprising the Youth Sector: Youth Worker Training
3) Youth Enterprise Skills
4) Youth Social Action projects
5) Digitalising Enterprise - mobility activities
6) Youth Worker Job Shadowing
1) Partnership Implementation Activity encourages partner cohesion and cooperation, while building strong links & finalising a unique programme design. Partners will hold 2 further Transnational development meetings, in the UK, Bulgaria and Turkey, hosted by individual partner countries.
2) Enterprising the Youth Sector: Youth Worker training will deliver 7 days worth of training for youth work professionals to develop their skills in Enterprise Skills, Digital Skills and Social Action, while increasing their awareness, knowledge, attitudes and the benefits towards self-employment and social entrepreneurship, & supporting young people to mobilise Digital skills to establish their businesses or social action projects.
3) Youth Enterprise Skills is a 6 week Skills development programme, held in each country for young people interested in learning about Self-Employment, Business & Enterprise, with particular focus on how young people can set up their own business. Young people will develop Base Skills including: Communication; Budgeting; Inter-personal; Leadership; Team-playing skills; followed by Enterprise-focused Skills including: What is Self-employment; Brainstorming & Business ideas; How to establish a Company; Business Plan development; HMRC, Tax & the Law; Strategy; Fundraising & Investments; Marketing & Competitors; National Enterprise Allowance; Presentation & Selling your ideas Skills; Partnership-working; Book Keeping basics; & many other key Enterprise Skills & themes required to become Self-employed and establish a business. Young People will also develop basic Language Skills in 3 different languages: Bulgarian; Turkish; & English to promote their Unique Selling Points as businesses and also on their CVs. Furthermore, all young people will complete Employability Skills training.
4) Youth Social Action Projects will involve young people working together to understand, develop skills and launch a short Social Action project to benefit their Community, establishing the next generation of Social Entrepreneurs in the UK, Bulgaria & Turkey. This 6 week programme, will allow young people to use their new Enterprise Skills, to develop, mobilise & make a difference in their community.
5) Digitalising Enterprise - mobility activity brings young participants from each Country together to learn how digital technology can be used to benefit their Enterprises for 7 days. The activity will involve in-depth Digital Skills training, using systems that can make their Businesses more efficient, reduce costs & improve their general and specialist ICT skills. A long side Digital Skills, key themes will include International Enterprise & Partnerships; Global Business; Cross Cultural Awareness; Language Skills.
6) Youth Worker Job Shadowing - Asfar UK Youth Worker will participate in a job shadowing activity with Cukurova Universitesi Adana Meslek Yuksekokulu IN Adana, Turkey, for 4 months to understand their youth work structures, activities & mobilisation of digital tools to promote youth engagement, skills growth & long term employment & enterprise development. With specific focus on understanding the different types of youth engagement techniques utilised in Turkey and methodologies, to be mobilised within Asfar's own youth delivery in the UK & in future international projects.
The knowledge, expertise & the outcomes will be researched, analyzed & published through 3 MESAP Youth Worker instruction publications: Enterprising the Youth Sector; Digitalizing Enterprise; & the MESAP final manual for use amongst the Youth Sector, promoting Self-employment, work-focused Digital Skills & Social Entrepreneurship throughout Europe, offering real examples through the activities, job shadowing information & tools.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation