Memories you want to have later you have to make n..
Memories you want to have later you have to make now
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Nov 1, 2015
Context and background:
The practical experience (job shadowing) program "MEMORIES YOU WANT TO HAVE LATER YOU HAVE TO MAKE NOW” has originated out of the co-operation and dialogue between Loesje e.V. and our partner organization Loesje Palestine. This program is designed to explore the possibilities in the youth work, intercultural exchanges and a learning experience in youth work in a the local setting in Palestine. This program also has one of the greatest opportunities in getting to know and get trained in working with young people who face everyday discrimination and difficulties of socio-economic problems. Thus the youth worker/leaders which go back to their local organisation can be a very important resource for initiating and promoting the possibilities of organizing new youth inclusion programs and initiatives and can be an instrument in setting up similar concrete work in their own organization. This is an opportunity for exchange of methods such as Loesje creative writing. The youth workers from Berlin will offer creative writing workshops as well as a training for trainers in this method. We are striving for knowledge about each others' cultures as well as exchange of practices, experiences and know-hows.
1. Gaining new knowledge and different experience about working with youngsters from different backgrounds: refugees, socially discriminated, unmotivated, with fewer opportunities, racialised, LGBTI and others.
2. Promoting youth involvement in society, active citzenship and voluntary work as great tools for integration and to reduce apathy and unemployment among youth;
3. Develop cooperation and communication skills working in an international team;
4. Improve inter-cultural learning
5. Discover Palestine and Palestinian culture;
6. Improve learning skills – for example, accumulating specialized knowledge, skills, and as much self-confidence as it takes to believe in their effectiveness;
Number and profile of participants: 2 active members from Loesje e.V. will go to Palestine. The aim is that the Project Coordinator Carola Ståhl and the former EVS volunteer Marina Trajkovska shall go, but this might change due to other responsibilties. We will select very active members who for sure can bring a lot back to the organisation from this experience.
Description of activities:
- Study visits to different cooperation partners and venues where Loesje Palestine is active, in several cities and with different target groups and working methods.
- Workshops with the local community (students, youth, children, refugees) - both Loesje workshops where we can contribute with our knowledge and skills, but also local workshops where we will be the participants.
- Working and learning: planning, discussing, office work practicing, dealing with application forms, fund-raising opportunities, implementing human rights in the youth work etc.
- Leisure time: cultural evenings, excursions and contact with local youngsters.
- Document all the activities not just in written but also in visual form. Preparing of short documentary.
- Evaluation, reflection and exchange about the work done in our organizations.
Methodologies: study visits to different cooperation partners and venues where Loesje Palestine is active, workshops with the local community (students, youth, children, refugees), documentary film making, interviews with the local community (students, youth, children, refugees).
Results, impact & potential longer term benefits:
- Improved knowledge and raised awareness about the situation for youth workers in Palestine, and the different target groups they work with
- Stronger cooperation and connection between Loesje e.V. and Loesje Palestine
- Improved skills of the local youth workers through the input and skills of the visiting job shadowers
- Documentary created, which will be used to spread the results of the project further.
- Series of Loesje posters in English and Arabic about current topics
- The planning of new youth inclusion programs and initiatives, for Loesje e.V., Loesje Palestine and their partners
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation