Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2015
The project took place in a territory that from the environmental, historical and economic point of view looks structured and diversified. The Province of Viterbo is an area of high rurality where the food industry is the leading one in terms of businesses, employment and turnover. The province has over 34 local products, some of which have been awared by DOC, IGP, IGT certification. A high quality agriculture that produces wealth, increases entrepreneurship, and where there is an ancient tradition linked to food and traditions handed down from generation to generation. There is an atavistic respect for good food that comes from the territory. In this context, the exchange project represents a chance to know the territory, its products, its cultural and culinary traditions. Participants was asked to make known their own countries and their main characteristics.
The main objectives of the project was:
- To promote food and healthy behaviors;
- To promote the different European cultures, by knowing the different tastes, recipes and ingredients, traditions related to food;
- To sensitize the participants on European issues and cultural diversity;
- The inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities;
- To encourage participants to be more creative, stimulating their entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work in a mixed and intercultural group;
- To promote the origins and traditions of European countries through the study of European cultures and culinary traditions;
- To promote healthy lifestyles by promoting good food and an intelligent consumption;
Through manual tasks (cooking dishes); collection of data from the web (which help to contextualize and expand knowledges); theatre and music (writing a text on the issue of sharing and solidarity); old games (introducing the playful aspect of the peoples who inhabited Europe many centuries ago) it promoted solidarity, social inclusion and intercultural learning; participants reflected on cultural diversity, on their own identity and traditions and European citizenship.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation