MEJORAR ES POSIBLE
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
This project is an answer to the needs on formation demanded by the teaching staff of our school. Basically, these needs correspond to three specific areas:
- CLIL methodology and materials.
- Improvement of English level.
- Exchange of knowledge and experiences among European countries.
For this reason, the objectives that we want to be fulfilled are the following:
- Training on CLIL methodology and materials.
- Improving oral skills and fluency in English.
- To increase the possibility of interacting with teachers from other countries in order to exchange knowledge, points of view and experiences.
Teachers will be chosen among those who are engaged in the bilingual project of the school and those who are preparing to join a similar programme or are training on languages.
Teachers will take a course that may be based on the following:
- A course that explores techniques to motivate and encourage secondary level learners to use the language as a tool for real communication.
- A course that will focus on ways of creating interesting and productive lessons which do not take too much preparation, but challenge and encourage the learners to continue to learn.
- A CLIL course for Secondary teachers of either Maths and Science or Arts and Humanities, who teach their subject in English.
They are expected to take many activities designed to update English, oral reports with research or multimedia activities.
Every step will be recorded so as to keep documentation and written evidence of the project completion making a blog to publish materials and photographs, and to retelling experiences.
The teachers who participate in this project are expected to acquire a suitable training in the elaboration of new materials and in using a more creative methodology in the classroom. The main language to communicate will be English, so the improvement of their oral fluency is also clear. The benefits and the impact seem evident as they will apply the previous things to their lessons and this should improve the students´ motivation and level of learning.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation