Me&You - North&South
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Mar 31, 2016
Women's and men's mutual relations, gender roles and stereotypes based on them are relevant and much debated topic for centuries.. We believe we all are responsible for values what we give the next generations. Firstly it means to reflect on our own value and believe systems and critically analyse what we want to invest in future generations in Europe. Idea to create project "Me&You-North&South" was born after success of the project "Me&You" (Project nr. 2014-1-LV02-KA105-000061) which results showed that the topic of gender issues is essential among people coming from different societies with different life experiences. Methods used in the project are based on raising youth awareness about gender equality, gender roles and social inclusion.
Objectives of the project are:
1)Take active part in Europe 2020 strategy by promoting social inclusion based on gender equality; 2)Raise awareness about Erasmus+ opportunities, aims and objectives among different target groups;
2) Identify and compare gender-related issues and current problems of Europe Northern and Southern countries by understanding the causes and consequences;
3) Increase capacity of youth workers and educators by providing methods for working with teenagers in relation of gender equality issues and youth sexual education;
4)Foster the raise of education level among young people;
5)Encouraging international cooperation between Northern and Southern countries and organizations specializing in gender issues, gender roles and youth sexual education.
Participants: 24 youth educators, youth workers, leaders, teachers, social workers, psychologists, volunteers and other members (more than 18 years old) of non- formal and formal education representing Latvia, Estonia, Finland (Aland Islands), Norway, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece.
1) The 6-days training course in Platone, Latvia (21st till 27th of September 2015) during which participants:
- Experience 'Girls' and boys 'groups' methods principles and a variety of non-formal education methods for working with teenagers and young people, create a One day training program which will be tried out in local community of Jelgava, Latvia
2) a One-day training program implementation in local communities of partner countries.
3) Three day experience sharing and evaluation seminar (follow-up) in Madrid, Spain December 2015.
Methods used: "Girls and boys group method", non-formal education methods, coaching elements.
A brief description of the results and impact:
By implementation of this project and wide-spreading the "Girls' and boys' group method ', the long-term social inclusion processes (based on raising awareness of gender roles and gender equality) will be enhanced and improved.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation