Start date: Sep 1, 2014,
End date: Aug 31, 2016
LUCUSMUNDI project, requested through the Consortium, approved by the Council of Lugo, through Espazo>Lab/CEI-Nodus (coordinator), together with three VET organisation which provide Practical Training Cycles in the city of Lugo (Escola de Arte e Superior de Deseño Ramón Falcón, IES Muralla Romana e IES Sanxillao), has the general objective of improving employability of young qualified people in their city and promoting their effective entry into the workforce.
In this way, LUCUSMUNDI project is aimed at a group of 45 young people between 18 and 35 years of Lugo, graduates in a VET organisation which make up the Consortium, who have obtained such qualifications in the 12 months preceding the date on which they will return from the mobility and, preferably, no prior work experience in their professional or academic field.
The sectors and occupational groups to which the project addresses correspond to the training offered by the four institutions of the Consortium. These sectors or job areas are specifically the following:
- Visual arts and design.
- Administration and management.
- Personal image.
- Information technology and communications.
- Hospitality and tourism.
- Cultural and community services.
Consortium members were able to note that this is the group with the biggest difficulties when it comes to entry into the workforce and presents a wide range of linguistic needs, to gain experience in their professional field, to complete their practical training, receiving career guidance, to expand ICT skills (except for the professional fields of computer and communication, etc.), of which this project is fully aware of.
A greater level of detail, the most acute needs showing this population are:
- Lack of professional experience related to your field.
- Lack of linguistic knowledge of other European languages (not including Castilian and Galician).
- Shortage of ICT practice (except for professional group of computer and communication), which hurts the competitiveness of graduates.
- Little awareness of European citizenship and the workforce to compete in a global market.
To achieve their general objective, LUCUSMUNDI project provides the 45 participants selected according to a public and transparent organization stays for performing professional quality practices in European companies for 3 month process, in the cities of Lisbon (Portugal), Florence (Italy), Vienna (Austria), Cork (Ireland) and Belfast (United Kingdom). In each of these cities, the Consortium counts on the collaboration of a set of intermediaries and host companies that consolidate the quality of the partnership and the partners own project.
In addition, the following specific objectives are addressed:
- To contribute through the development of innovative actions at European level to the improvement of the quality of academic training of participants.
- To provide opportunities for increasing work experience, creating competent and prepared CVs for the current business demand.
- To promote the learning of European languages in order to improve language skills among participants.
- To promote entrepreneurship, stimulating local employment and contributing to the development of the business of the city of Lugo.
- To create synergies between public and private actors of the city of Lugo (schools, public administrations and companies) to promote youth employment and education.
- To assist in the implementation of the European objectives in education, certifying academic skills throughout the Community standard agreements (ECVET) and throughout the Community.
Ultimately, LUCUSMUNDI project has the active participation of important agencies in training and employment in the city of Lugo and their own European destination cities, creating a solid partnership that will support participants at all times and whose actions will the sustainability of the results of the project and its impacts beyond their strict time limits.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation