LOVE Me Gender – Gender Equality for Youth Partici..
LOVE Me Gender – Gender Equality for Youth Participation
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
LOVE Me Gender – Gender Equality for Youth Participation is a Erasmus+ Key Action 1 – Mobility of youth workers project, that will be hosted and implemented by S.O.S. Diritti e Legalità on 3-10 August 2015 in Rome, Italy and will bring together 28 participants (plus a team of three experts and three logistical and management support workers) from 7 Erasmus Plus programme countries: Italy, Greece, Macedonia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Portugal.
The aim of this training is to provide information, perspectives and resources for deepening and focusing the emphasis of youth and educational activities which address issues related to gender and their impact in youth work.
This seven-day training, through applying non-formal education working methods, will strongly emphasize working with gender and issues of identity, power and safety in groups of young people, exploring the concept of gender equality in youth work in terms of informal practices of democracy based in a commitment to the equal treatment of individuals.
OBJECTIVES of the training include:
- Increase the participants’ knowledge and skills in terms of exploring key concepts related to gender issues: gender, politics of gender, gender mainstreaming, ethics related issues in youth trainings and projects etc;
- Raise awareness about the complexity of gender equality in multicultural societies;
- Give practical tips and tools for enhancing gender equality in youth work;
- Enhance intercultural dialogue and mutual understanding between young people in Europe;
- Create a network of organizations dealing with gender issues;
- Explore the Erasmus Plus Programme as a significant tool for promoting gender equality within youth work.
Tc will be implemented with the valuable use of non-formal methodology, through using a varying spectrum of tools & methods. Learning by doing approach will follow the program & the sessions will be planned carefully to tackle all the necessary elements.
Expert trainers contribution will enrich the learning of participants and give them a chance to get answers for their questions regarding the topic. They cover a variety of expertise and they shall add more value to the activity and enrich the experience of the participants.
The project will have a strong multiplying effect as this course is designed specifically in order to train participants in organising European youth work projects, and particularly Erasmus+ projects.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation