Loading social entrepreneurship opportunities
Start date: Apr 4, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
What is social entrepreneurship? Are social entrepreneurs people who set up and run charities? Or do they set up and run businesses? To these and other question it is expected to give answers during the training course "Loading social entrepreneurship opportunities ".Because any successful organization, whether a business or a charity, needs a range of people to get involved, each of whom brings different strengths, skills and talents to the table. The entrepreneur brings the energy and passion around which others coalesce. A key characteristic of any entrepreneur is that they think outside the box and come up with new and often surprising solutions to problems.
The aim of the project is: to ensure an entrepreneurial approach to solving social and environmental problems in the countries part of the project and to encourage and support the development of a new generation of social entrepreneurs.
The learning objectives of this project are:
- To become inspired social entrepreneur or change-maker;
- To understand better the term "social entrepreneurship" and to raise knowledge and gain new experiences about it;
- To start the process of creating social venture through gaining skills and knowledge for writing projects ideas and business plan;
- To gain skills and knowledge that will help to the participant to get access to labor market;
- To discover or understand better the social and environmental problems in their countries and to get to know the situation in other countries;
- To be inspired and motivated to bring changes at home and start to work for improvement.
The training will last 7 days, 01-07 August 2015, with 35 participants from 10 countries. The venue will be Bolu, Turkey.
This project will be based on non-formal education.
At the end of the project it is expected to have concrete ideas for social ventures, to create on-line platform for mapping the social entrepreneurship opportunities in the countries part of this project and to continue the cooperation and networking between the participant. In future we want to gather again and to know how the development of the ideas goes and what the young people need ? directly support the early stage development of these social entrepreneurs by providing a range of supports that include financial investment, technical training, peer networking, mentoring or links to other social entrepreneur networks.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation