Living and working in Europe
Start date: Jan 21, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The project will organize and finance training courses abroad. These courses, for a maximum of six weeks, give students the opportunity
- to improve their professional as well as their language skills in an international environment,
- to become aware of the importance, when searching for an employment, of the European mobility across the borders,
- to improve their ability to adapt themselves to an international environment,
- to improve their employability and participation in the European labor market,
- to discover other cultures and strengthen their European citizenship,
- to develop their personality and improve their skills in communication.
NUMBER AND PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
The European ERASMUS mobility + project, running over a period of two years ( October 2014 - September 2016 ), should allow 28 students from
- the 12th and 13th classes in Business and Commerce,
- the 11th class in Computer business ,
to perform a training period in companies located in Belgium, France , Germany , Finland and Slovakia, and even in other European countries if possible.
DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES
Organization and realization of European training courses for students from the LN .
Organization of training courses in companies in Luxembourg for students from partner schools.
Organization of cultural activities and meetings between participants.
Organization of observation periods (job-shadowing) of students at their trainee place by teacher tutors of the LN during their visits to companies.
IMPACT AND EXPECTED RESULTS
The project will:
- allow to as much young people as possible to benefit from a European trainee mobility in order to " make mobility the rule and not the exception ",
- enable young people to improve both their personal, social and vocational skills,
- improve the quality and effectiveness of vocational training,
- strengthen the links between school and labor market.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS IN A LONG TERM
The difficult situation for youngsters on the labor market should encourage educational as well as other institutions to promote European mobility and thus cause, in the longer term, a change in mindset among young people. The project thus tries to infuse a new spirit to young learners by giving them the taste and desire to achieve professional and personal experiences outside the borders of their country of origin.
Furthermore, a long-term cooperation with the professional world - beyond the role of mere provider of training places - is a complementary objective to be achieved.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation