Liverpool Hospitality Learners in Spain
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The project is a partnership between City of Liverpool College and MEP. The award of this grant would have a major impact on the young people of the Merseyside area and provide a life-changing opportunity.
The objective of the project is to raise young people’s European career aspirations and increase their employability skills through undertaking a 22-day placement in Grenada.
The project will engage with 30 learners, with the majority of participants from areas of disadvantage in Liverpool.
Mobility participants will:
• Undertake linguistic training;
• Participate in cultural orientation and placement orientation sessions in Grenada ;
• Undertake a placement within the hospitality and catering sector in Grenada (total of 22 days in placement) ;
• Undertake a formal review and reflection of the Mobility including linguistic examination and a formal certification ceremony ;
• Mobility dissemination sessions back in the UK.
By participating in the mobility the participants will:
• Develop professional and employability skills;
• Learn and adapt to an unfamiliar language;
• Gain new cultural awareness and awareness of other countries’ customs;
• Be more motivated;
• Strengthen self-confidence and social skills.
The mobility will greatly enhance the participants’ portfolio/CVs and make the young people better-equipped for the wider European labour force.
• The mobility will increase learners’ European/international aspiration, developing a global employment market;
• Both staff and students will bring back new skills that will enhance local, regional and national training and customer experience;
• Professional staff will have the opportunity to gain and disseminate knowledge to peers on a local, regional, national, European and international level.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation