Live it to learn it! (Vivirlo para aprenderlo)
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
"LIVE IT TO LEARN IT"
“Live it to learn it” project started thinking of students from 3 to 12 years old of a public school, which is situated in Barcelona’s metropolitan area. The school has 30 teachers and 450 students. Our main aim is to offer them different educational contexts, where they can develop their English language skills. For this reason, we got motivated to train our staff in a real immersion program of English.
Concretely, six teachers of our school participate in the Erasmus+ project. Two of them should carry out a SPECIFIC CLIL COURSE to improve and to learn new methods for teaching a subject in English. The other participants should do an ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE so as to use the target language in any of their daily classroom routines. So, this project is essential to prepare our teachers properly.
METHODOLOGY TO CARRY OUT THE PROJECT
Although, several actions are being accomplished in our school related to this project, we need to prepare our teachers if we want to carry out the following activities so as to improve our students' communicative competence in English and the school's participation in other European projects:
- DAILY ROUTINES: Short activities related to the class routines such as the weather, date, attendance list, numeration, class management, etc. It should be adapted to the age and necessities of the group. Participants will start, but it should be spread in the rest of the infants groups and the first levels of primary as a long term aim.
- One weekly session of SCIENCE in English for 4th, 5th and 6th graders.
- ENGLISH CONVERSATION in small groups of students in order to practise their speaking skills.
- ICT activities will be introduced in all primary.
We will also organize:
- Our SCHOOL TRAINING PROGRAM to improve our staff English skills, especially oral practice and learning concrete methods to apply in class.
- MEETINGS SCHEDULE to plan, follow-up and evaluate the project.
- ASSESSMENT TOOLS will be designed to evaluate the project and the students.
All these activities are thought according to the School General Program, which is based on inclusive education, multilingual, competence-based learning and new technologies. All these actions are thought to offer significant learning situations to our students, where English would appear in the everyday of our school. Moreover, we want to help our students and teachers to be open-minded in front of Europe and the World.
DESCRIPTION OF THE OUTCOMES AND EXPECTED IMPACT
In SHORT-TERM BENEFITS, we want to carry out all the activities thanks to our participant teachers, who will continue their trainning and help to motivate and prepare the rest of the staff. We also want to internationalize our school through European projects. In middle-term time, we want to implement the activities suggested to the rest of the levels in order to improve our students’ communicative competence, as well as European values. Finally, our LONG-TERM OBJECTIVE is getting a school, where the three languages (Catalan, Spanish and English) coexist equally.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation