Lets try I(C)T
Start date: Sep 1, 2015,
End date: Aug 31, 2017
ICT tools in ECEC services targeting vulnerable children (approx. 6% in EU28) are available a) to directly increase the efficiency of child related learning and b) to organizational processes. Despite the availability of these tools and APPs (e.g. 800 for children with autism) OECD points out, that professionals in most EU28 do not use them sufficiently. Lack of structured training (60% report auto-didactic learning) , myths (danger of addiction), skepticism towards early usage and missing exchange possibilities (which tool is useful/which not) inhibit the implementation of ICT tools despite the EU digital agenda, findings which highlight supporting effects regarding academic skills and a huge number of APPS and tools to be used in ECEC settings. Existing product platforms mainly follow commercial motivation and do not allow professional exchange within a community of practice of the professionals.
Lets try I(C)T aims to increase the quality of ECEC services by increasing the usage of available ICT tools, a) on the level of concrete support for disadvantaged and/or disabled children and b) on the level of service planning, documentation and assessment.
This aim in terms of further lifelong professional training is reached
1) by a community of practice, where professionals learn from he experience of others (comparable to a trip-advisor system)
2) by blended training regarding available best practice examples and tutoring (professionals become ICT multiplier for other
3) by learning events within multiplier events (also available for other professionals within mobilities)
-Professionals in Early childhood Intervention (e.g. 1200 ECI centers in DE, 80 in AT, 150 in BE+FR)
-Kindergarten teachers in AT; DE, BE, FR, TR and HR
-Parents of disadvantaged children or with special educational needs (SEN) within parent networks like BOSK (NL)
1) SEN- APP-ADVISOR: Platform of common learning and exchange for professionals comparable to social platforms like tripadvisor
2) : APP and Tool Multiplier: Online learning regarding best practice (AT, FR)
3) APP-Tutoring: Didactic guidebook for multipliers in ECEC services to address the training needs of professionals regarding ICT
Increase of usage of available ICT tools in ECEC in order to increase quality and efficiency of services by better training
Multisectorial and multigeographical consortium (Early Intervention (HR, DE) ,kindergarten, research (PT, TR), training (AT), SME (AT) , NGOs), most with high experience in EU cooperation. Expertise in ICT (AT, BE), in specific research (PT), EU dissemination (Down Sendromu Dernegi) and training (AT). Cooperation with training Institutions in DE (Medical School Hamburg).
SEN-APP-ADVISOR remains (self) sustainable if a critical mass of "users" (200 assessed/commented APPS
APP and Tool Multiplier: Involvement of governmental structures (quality control) and parental organization to increase mainstream usage of participative/transparent and time-efficient ICT planning and documentation tools in ECEC
APP tutoring: Implementation of APP tutoring workshop in mainstream training
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation