"Let's break this (mental) wall"
Start date: Aug 15, 2015,
End date: Nov 14, 2015
"Let's break this (mental); was a training course designed for youth workers from 8 countries: Poland, Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania and Bulgaria, which will took place in Wis?a, a small mountain city in the southern Poland. It took a group of 24 leaders, youth workers and volunteers and two experienced trainers, working on a daily basis with young people excluded, with fewer opportunities from rural areas.
As the main objectives of the training, we implemented:
-support learners, often with fewer opportunities in the acquisition of competencies (knowledge, skills) in the field of entrepreneurship and create their own local initiatives
-support youth workers to acquire and expand their knowledge, tools, and working out new ways of working with young people excluded
-Increase skills in a foreign language, especially among the participants, which will be the first experience of participation in an international project
-Increase synergies and complementary of formal education, the dimensions proposed by us as well as non-formal education in the field of social business
-Change the perception of non-formal certification (Certificate rank increase awareness of non-formal certification, especially about Youthpass and Europass)
Supports non-formal learning
The working methods were based on the assumptions of overall non-formal education according to main goals:
- Talk about identity, culture and diversity;
- The promotion of non-formal learning
- Activities aimed at getting to know the local culture
- Conducting daily focus groups
- Discovering the characteristics and dynamics of entrepreneurial activities and social initiatives, and their interconnections, tools and working methods
- The open space / open Space-efficient best practices and community development. The effect of promotion activities. A topic for discussion;
- Work in small international groups
- Discussion Forum
- Meetings with the local community- outdoor activities,
- Interactive activities to create a common understanding of the terms of social entrepreneurship, youth work effectively excluded, local and European cooperation
- The presentation of the activities and tasks of the participants. Discussion.
- Presentation of the local environments of participants
- Meetings with local organizations focused on youth mobilization excluded, in terms of social entrepreneurship
- Presentation of and opportunities Erasmus + and its opportunities for young people
- Developing ideas for further cooperation and joint projects
Through training, we created an "exercise" that will be able to be multiplied in communities: youth workers gain new methodology for supporting young people with fewer opportunities in the implementation by them, their own social entrepreneurial initiatives, initiatives that can succeed only with the support of the communities stockholders - may be the government or the business sector, both giving feedback, or financial support collected in charitable initiatives.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation