Les jeunes de Val es dunes et l'Europe
Start date: Jul 1, 2014,
End date: Oct 31, 2015
Twinning committees Argences (F)-Hettstadt (D), Cagny (F)-Pirbright (UK) and Moult (F)-Pakowslav (PL) wish to offer the youth of the community of commune ‘’Val es Dunes" activities that allow them to express their interests in relation to Europe and get involved in the development of intercultural exchanges reflection with young people from our twinning towns.
Our objectives are to:
- bring young people to identify exchange projects around the development of European citizenship
- Encourage the hosting and sending of young Europeans and young from the CDC in organizations of animation for young people in France and in other countries of Europe.
- Encourage young people to participate in committee offices for the organization of youth exchanges
To reach these goals, we propose to host a volunteer for a period of 12 months to develop contact with young people in their daily activities. The activity will be carried out on the territory of the 4 towns, partner our project. They are located 10 kilometers east of Caen, the Calvados prefecture in Basse-Normandie.
The main activity of the volunteer will be conducted among the youth of the Argences College where he will take part in the animation of the ‘’club in Europe’’.
The volunteer will also work:
- In elementary schools of Argences, Bellengreville, Cagny and Moult where guided by teachers he will propose activities or projects aimed at educating young people about European integration.
- In the libraries of the 4 cities involved in our project, through activity readings theme in relation to Europe and the cultural differences.
- In the leisure center for children during holidays.
- In the local socio-cultural and sports associations offering activities for youth.
By integrating the volunteer in the day-to-day activities of the youth of our four communes, we allow youth to discover and deepen cultural differences and examine their role in European construction.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation