Learning By Doung
Start date: Sep 1, 2014,
End date: Oct 31, 2015
"Learning by doing" is EVS project in which involved 2 volunteers from France and Germany
Title: "Learning by doing".
Preliminary date: 06/11/2014 – 06/08/2015 (10 month)
Project Venues: Tallinn (NGO Youth Club Active), Tammispea Village (NGO Youth Centre Vihasoo), Estonia
To expand opportunity of learning and developing for volunteers from different countries through doing EVS project with children and youth in our organization. (That is why the title of the project is “Learning by doing” which is connected with main aim and idea of the project. We have a lot of opportunities for volunteers and he or she has to take initiative and through work with kids develop his or herself.
• To present the non-formal learning to volunteers through the priorities of Erasmus+ programme, create the appropriate timetable to volunteer according to volunteer wishes and abilities. (Use his/her potential in the right way.)
• To involve volunteers and youth in self-assessment process, to think about what they have learnt from this cooperation and communication. To provide to volunteers YouthPass certificate and make through it the self-evaluation process.
• To create an own workshop and realize own admissions in action in our organization. Give the support for achieving results in volunteer work.
• To transfer the experience which will be gained at all stages of EVS project
• To disseminate outcomes and results from the EVS project in their mother countries, to promote the EVS project among other youth
• To build up creative and communication skills, support intercultural learning, foster mutual understanding between volunteers from different countries and young people or children from Estonia
The NGO Youth Club Active with close cooperation with NGO Youth centre Vihasoo is provided to volunteers work in the youth field.
The role of the organization is to promote the non-formal education, to involve youngsters in different social activities and international projects.
We have the big sphere of work with youth and ready to offer to volunteers be a part of our organization, express themselves and try to develop themselves by doing different activities in our organization.
The biggest part of work will be focused in Tallinn in youth Youth Club Active and sometimes work will be in the second territory of organization Vihasoo - suburban camp Vihasoo (Tammispea village). There will be organized children camps and different projects for children and youth, where the volunteers will be the biggest part. The volunteers will have all services for work in both territories.
The main activities for volunteers are:
- Organization and leading of workshops in Youth Club Active centre (depends on volunteer skills and knowledge, could be language courses, juggling, theatre, dance, music, art, journalist, digital and etc).
- Participation and coordination of local projects for children and youth
- Participation and organization of entertainments, events for children (concerts, games, competitions, holidays, vocation)
- Work in urban and suburban camps (during the children vocation in all-weather seasons)
- Cooperation with other local partners - youth organizations, coordination projects with them and other stuff.
- Take initiative and realize own ideas in action (write own local project, organize event for children or other entertainment).
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation