Learning beyond the Boundaries
Start date: Jul 1, 2014,
End date: Jun 30, 2016
Our proposal addresses the continuing – life long learning needs for additional and further training as proposed in Europe 2020, in that it intends to offer our participants opportunities to acquire additional skills and experiences in an international setting. It targets areas of best practice in several vocational sectors. It is also our intention that the participant would develop additional or new language skills by participating in the project. Work placement is an integral part of all our programmes at Inchicore College and is certified as part of their final certification .
It is proposed that our participants would travel to the following partners to gain work placement in their relevant vocational areas:
1. CHILD CARE students will travel to Norrköping, Boden and Lulea, Sweden and Nijmegan, Holland where they will work in crèches , Montessori schools and play schools for the preschool age group.
2. DANCE students will spend three weeks in Vienna training in workshops with the famous IMPULSTANZ. Tap, contemporary, Jazz and other workshops will be provided as well as workshops in fitness techniques for dances.
3. DRAMA STUDIES will spend three weeks in Padova Italy undertaking a series of workshops in Commedia dell’Arte. This is not an area of skill we possess in Ireland, so by training with expert tutors from the world of Theatre in Padova/Venice the participants will gain very valuable skills in performance.
4. PRE NURSING students will visit Boden, Sweden to work in hospitals and nursing homes as part of a three weeks programme.
5. TOURISM students will travel to Salerno, Italy and Arejoplog, Sweden to work in hotels and travel agencies as part of their three week programme of cultural and vocational activities.
6. CHOREOGRAPHY students will travel to Grenoble, France and spend three weeks training and working with expert Choreographers.
7. SPORTS COACHING students will travel to Norrkoping, Sweden and engage in " new sporting opportunities" not available in Ireland.
8. BUSINESS students will travel to Nijmegen in the Netherlands and engage in work experience in industry with exposure to the Rheinish labour market model.
9. SOCIAL CARE students will travel to Nijmegen in the Netherlands to work shadow 3rd year students in their work placements in Dutch social care services.
10. CREATIVE WRITING AND CULTURAL STUDIES students will travel to Madrid in Spain and work in a Montessori learning environment where they will use traditional Irish and Spanish myths, cultural norms as a platform on inter-cultural engagement.
During the first week of each programme the participants will spend time in the host colleges or organisations attending language and cultural preparation classes and integrating with students from the host organisations. They will be introduced to their work placements during this week.
Each participant will be assessed on the skills acquired, language improvements and their general participation in the programme. In addition to their certification at the end of year, they will also receive a EUROPASS certification of participation.
As a result of participation in this project the aims, objectives and outcomes of providing our participants with a necessary means to actively participate in the European labour market will be met. Individual training needs and skills including enhancement of foreign language competency of the participants are seriously considered and evaluated. The participants will gain Life Long Learning and broaden their awareness and experience of other cultures and countries in an International setting.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation