Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
In these days, the phenomenon of unemployment is a crucial issue either for Spanish society or at European level. A key problem is the tightness that Spanish labour market suffers, the level of follow-up and guidance of unemployed people, the suitability of skills required by labour market and job-seekers, etc. Flexibility of labour Market is needed to create a fruitful environment for employment. The best example is found in the northern countries in Europe, where they have an individualised system of follow-up and counselling for unemployed.
This situation makes us to reflect about innovative and creative ways of follow-up for adult people in vocational retraining; ways to import good practises from other European countries, also called benchmarking.
This mobility programme consist of mobility of professionals with strong experience in the organisation (consultant and labour counsellors specialised in the support of unemployed adult people) to other European entities that may contribute with a wide expertise in United Kingdom, France or Poland in order to learn and understand good practises and afterwards apply them on the work procedures. The power of the programme is based on consultants and counsellors get the chance of experimenting, learning and monitoring by themselves how counselling and vocational retraining (vocational training for adults) are performed in another countries whose counselling and support system is taken as best practise model. Observation will result in further comparison for the aim of studying in order to adapt our own methodology, guidance and vocational retraining.
Programme underlies as an opening-up to Europe and is an integral part the organisation has for collecting innovative ideas to apply on Spain through our activity as employment agency collaborator of Spanish Public Employment Service as well as the dissemination to other stakeholders involved in employment or adult vocational training. To know other markets, other work methods and good practises, transfer of knowledge and know-how, to boost the point of view-international and to build-up a network of contacts among European organisations of the same area.
Participants’ profile will be: one project manager (responsible of training for internal staff, submission of applications, assessment and coordination of employment programmes) and one employment consultant (in charge of guidance in our employment programmes).
Activities last 2 weeks and will comprise:
- Preparation seminar/workshop, linguistic immersion and cultural shock in the country of origin.
- Presentation seminar/workshop in the destination country.
- Structured courses of 3 days
- Observation work/Jobshadowing, publication of experiences on a blog and development of a comparison video-documentary.
- Dissemination and training workshop where good practises will be showed to the rest of consultants.
Project dissemination is assured by:
- In person. Participants develop learning sessions or face-to-face workshops after the programme.
- Online. Contributions and articles on the blog, website and social networks, apart from video-documentary.
Impact will involve:
- Participants. Good practises acquisition and methodology adjustment for further implementation on counselling and guidance with unemployed people
- Experience and contact network that Acción Laboral establishes with European entities in the same area. First step to internationalisation.
- Users that receive labour guidance and counselling, at the end they will be the real beneficiaries of good practises.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation