Leadership - Intelligence - Diversity
Start date: Dec 1, 2014,
End date: Nov 30, 2016
Alp activating leadership potential is a network of professionals who are passionate about leadership. Together with 3 partners
- The University of Malta (UOM)
- Kamaleonte (Educational organisation working with outdoor and experiental learning methods) and
- Eolas Soileir (a charity working and training vulnerable adults in society)
they want to explore how to best support adults in leadership development. The aim is to develop an “authentic” and “inclusive” leadership approach taking the strength and weaknesses of each person into account.
In details the objectives are
- To explore the topic of “authentic” and “inclusive” leadership taking the concepts of the “Multiple Intelligences” and the “5 mind of the future” of Howard Gardner on board
- To investigate the correlation between Multiple Intelligences and gender/cultural diversity and see how this can be included in a leadership approach
- To develop innovative tools and a training frame for leadership development, which supports authentic and inclusive leadership
- To build on the knowledge of MILD (Grundtvig Learning Partnership) and develop the concept of “Multiple Intelligences as a resource of leadership development” further with new partners
- To research on authentic and inclusive leadership, gender and cultural diversity and Multiple Intelligences in the partner countries involved
Building on a previous Grundtvig Learning Partnership, where leadership in connection with Multiple Intelligences (Howard Gardner) was explored, the new project will go deeper add the perspective of gender and cultural diversity additionally with the new concept of the “5 mind of the future” of Gardner.
The project partners will develop in four project-meetings a new “authentic” and “inclusive” leadership approach including an innovative training concept and tools. The diversity of partner organisations wil support innovative thinking and creative work.
In a testing period in 4 national and 2 European seminars the partners will evaluate the impact on the leadership development and consolidate the concept. A paper on the new leadership approach will be written and translated in the three main languages of the partners (German, English, Italian) and disseminated widely within their local, national and European networks and on their websites and social media plattforms. The expected outcome is that a training approach is developed, which support leaders to act more inclusive in their working environment and who are working through their own strengths. This will have an impact on the learner himself, on the partner organisation aswell as on their wider national and international networks.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation