Le volontariat - un outil au service de la mise en..
Le volontariat - un outil au service de la mise en réseau euro-mediterranéenne
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
Une Terre Culturelle was created to promote and facilitate youth mobilities especially for youth from the popular districts of Marseille. We start from the premise that the discovery of a "Elsewhere" the "Other" can be a trigger for self-awareness and help participants to understand better their personalities, their identities, their backgrounds and their prejudices. To achieve this aim, we organize intercultural and reciprocal youth meetings that focus on groups of participants aged between 13 and 30 years.
Specifically, we will receive 2 young people from January to December 2015 coming from Algeria and Morocco, and send two young people to Algeria and Morocco for missions of 12 months starting February 2015. We designed this project with our partner organizations with whom we work closely on the development of youth exchanges, trainings of facilitators and the creation of a Euro-Mediterranean network:, Graine de Paix in Oran and the association Chifae in Tangier.
Volunteers will have the following missions:
• To integrate the professional teams of their host associations and take part in all programmed activities according to their interests;
• To raise awareness of youth mobility through various actions creating links and enabling social cohesion;
• To support the host associations in organizing youth exchanges in partnership with Une Terre Culturelle;
• To animate the network "MER - Mobility, Exchange, Reciprocity"
• To establish an online platform (web-site, blog, ..) that allows partners of the MER network to exchange and publicize their actions, the network and its partners. This online presence will enable young people to make contacts and learn more easily on mobility opportunities in the EuroMed region.
• Finally, each volunteer will receive an open framework offering him the opportunity to make proposals, and enable the host organization to acquire a new dimension and dynamic in their structure.
Three highlights will unite these volunteers with other volunteers working with UTC (with missions in France, Spain, Turkey and Germany) and volunteers of a networks of other structures based in Marseille and elsewhere:
- Cooperation meeting for the creation of the network "MER - Mobility, Exchange, Reciprocity" to be held in January in the presence of associative and institutional partners of the Region PACA as well as 35 partners invited from other Euro-Mediterranean countries.
- The urban volunteers festival « Quartiers libres » in June 2015, in this framework we also plan public an event at the Mediterranean Villa in order to enhance the visibility of the commitment of volunteers
- A cross-cultural training on volunteer involvement and volunteerism in our respective societies in July 2015.
We believe that these experiences abroad can have a significant impact on the young people participating : openness, adaptability, self-confidence, independence, awareness of cultural differences, critical thinking, language and intercultural skills. By living this kind of experience outside the school and university setting, young people will be able to widen their horizons.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation