"LAS MIMBRES": BROADENING HORIZONS
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
"LAS MIMBRES" BROADENING HORIZONS
CEIP Las Mimbres, in Maracena (Granada), is a bilingual school in which ICTs are a very important part of our daily practice. We have chosen the title of our project "LAS MIMBRES" BROADENING HORIZONS, because we think we need to broaden our formative horizons in order to deal with our increasinly diverse students. One of our goals is to get more and more teachers involved in the bilingual project, especially those who teach in Infant Education and Special Needs classes.
Our school is formed by 44 teachers, 3 administrative and service posts, and 580 Infant and Primary students (aged 3 to 12).
In order to improve our teaching practice, we need to share the same methodological and action criteria, in the following areas:
- CLIL methodology and management of the Bilingual Project
- Communicative competence in L1 and L2, especially for Infant Education and Special Needs teachers
- Integration, coexistence rules and conflict resolution within the school
- Cultural and artistic competence
- Digital competence (ICTs)
- European dimension
We plan to cover these needs with the following activities:
- Participation of 5 teachers in quality training courses, organised by ISP (International Study Programmes) and EM (English Matters), focusing on CLIL methodology, cooperative learning, the European dimension...
We will include what we have learnt with all the activities, in our school planning and organisation documents (Plan de Centro, Proyecto Lingüístico, Programaciones, ROF, etc.), in order to improve the general functioning of the school. We will promote meetings and will participate in training events to share our experience with the rest of the Community, not only teachers and students in our school, but also other schools in our town, province, region and country.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation