"La Vall de Segó: un Centro que mira hacia Europa"..
"La Vall de Segó: un Centro que mira hacia Europa"
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Benifairó de Les Valls (Valencia) Secondary School, "La vall de Segó", is located in a rural area of Camp de Morvedre 30 km north of Valencia and 7 km from Sagunto. It is an area mainly based on agriculture, with few opportunities and poor communication with the closest cities. Los Valles is a subregion of camp de Morvedre constituted by five villages: Faura, Benifairó, Quart, Quartell and Benavites that form the Community of Los Valles with about 9000 inhabitants.
Our Institute, with 335 students and 37 teachers, is a centre of Secondary Education and Basic Vocational Training (Formación Profesional Básica: FPB) specializing in IT that has an important social and educational role in the area.
The project "La Vall de Segó: Centre towards Europe," we want to give our students the opportunity to open up to the European dimension through the Internationalization of our centre. Through the following competencies we can optimize the operation of the centre, through better training of our staff who will lead and motivate our students and will make work and learn on equal conditions with other centers possible. Moreover it will affect the creativity of students to find new ways of working and use of resources in the area where they live.
Main lines of action:
1) LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY (Content and Language Integrated CLIL- language). Our centre has anticipated the Multilingual implementation in English this course 2014/15 making a gradual project for all Compulsory Secondary with at least one subject in English in each course (History and Geography, Music, Physics and Chemistry, Technology, ICT ... ) Therefore, the Centre has requested to be included in MULTILINGUAL CENTRES NETWORK. According to our Multilingual European Dimension project we have a profile of participants trained in English (minimum B2), civil servants who have previously been involved in several projects of innovation and collaboration.
2) CENTRE MANAGEMENT AND DROPOUT PREVENTION: meeting other educational realities. How other European centres work, how the selection of personnel, financial management, collaboration with institutions and other social agents is made. How diversity, dropout and school failure are tackled.
3) ICT SKILLS AND NEW METHODOLOGIES. (Emerging Technologies): Due to the importance of new methodologies and emerging technologies it is important to acquire new skills in this area. Also in our Secondary School we have Basic Vocational Training (Formación Profesional Básica: FPB) specializing in ICT (Installation and Maintenance of Microcomputer Systems).
Proposals for 24 months activities will be:
-6 Structured courses and 3 Jobshadowing.
* I-USE STATISTICS IN EDUCATION (September 7 to 10, 2015 -DENMARK)
* TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION ENHANCE (26 to 30 September 2016 - BELGIUM)
* ACTIVATE YOUR ENGLISH FOR TEACHING (B1 + B2) (11 to 25 July 2016 -IRELAND)
* 2 JOBSHADOWING (February - April 2016 - FRANCIA) and (September-December 2016- TURKY)
* CLIL IN DUBLIN - Content and Language Integrated Learning (26- February to 4 March 2017 -IRELAND)
* STRUCTURE STUDY VISIT TO SCHOOLS / INSTITUTES AND TRAINING SEMINAR (16 to 22 April 2017-FINLAND)
* REACHING, TEACHING AND KEEPING LEARNERS METHODS (6 to 12 August 2016 -ICELAND)
* 1 JOBSHADOWING (February - April 2016 - FRANCIA)
The methodology used for this project will be:
a) DIRECT OBSERVATION: (Jobshadowing) watching how they work in other centres and how they solve problems related to personnel management, budget and students. Implementation of new methodologies.
b) STRUCTURED TRAINING COURSES: acquisition and improvement of the skills identified to implement our multilingual and European scale project. Skills acquisition CLIL and ICT (and Emerging Technologies).
The expected impact will be important at all levels of the educational community of the centre and in the society of La Vall de Segó itself. For participants it will result in the improvement of professional skills for the Strategy 2020 and the quality of teaching in the classroom. New contacts and European partnerships on an educational level will be acquired. This internationalization project of our centre will allow for greater motivation to continue working with our students with little opportunity to join the workforce.
This project will be a good claim to incorporate new students from nearby villages in rural areas. Therefore, the strategy of internationalization and improvement of teaching practice using the learning of foreign languages (English) will be developed (CLIL), observation of Centre Management and other educational systems to improve skills within the Strategy 2020 as a necessary vehicle for a genuine European integration.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation