La calidad en la enseñanza de idiomas para la inte..
La calidad en la enseñanza de idiomas para la integración europea.
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The CEIP Pepe Monagas is located in the southern part of the Gran Canaria island. The School has a staff of 33 teachers and has got 535 students. The rate of foreign students enrolled in the School is high. It is a School where families are involved in their children's education.Our school is localized in a tourist area, where the knowledge of foreign languages is considered very important as a complement to any profession in the future of our students. That is why we give much importance to linguistic the school project where our children get English as a foreign language from K3 years and begins with German as a second foreign language in the last cycle of primary (5th and 6th). ln our school we also participate with the CLIL project (Content Language and Integrated Learning), where English is integrated into other curriculum areas such as Science, Art and P.E., increasing the number of hours that our students receive English. For all these reasons, one of the aims of the school is that the teachers training of our teachers of foreign languages should be very good, both in methodology and communicative competences. This is why we have selected the following training activities:- "English in the Primary Classroom" (Brighton, UK), "English for Effective Communication." (Oxford, UK), "German Trainers' Course Standard" (Vienna, Austria). Furthermore, in order to improve the methodological skills of the teachers we have planned a jobshadowing period at a school in Belgium.
However , once it is communicated to us the resolution of the application of our project, it is valued as a weakness , because we do not describe the relevance of the selected center and our proposal did not explain whether our school would strengthen our ability to cooperate successfully with the international partner in the field of school education , so that activity was dismissed.
We have selected the participating teachers in the project according to:
- Their involvement in the project design
- Their interest of participation in this European training project.
- Their level of language, both in English or German in order to overcome the requested courses.
- Priority will be given to definitive teachers at the school in order to benefit our students with theacquired knowledge.
The selected teachers are characterized by being motivating and innovating. They all want to learn and improve their teaching practice.The aims to be achieved by the participants in this training plan are:
- To improve their expression and fluency in the English and German languages.
- To learn new teaching activities to use with students: acquisition of new teaching activities to present new vocabulary and grammar (games, videos, songs, ...), exploring new texts to improve the reading and writing skills (use of authentic materials adapted at different levels of language, plays, ..).
- To increase the use of communication methods in the foreign languages classrooms.
In order to share the acquired knowledge in the training plan, each project participant agrees to:
- Make a presentation of our School and city to the rest of European participants (being a tool of our School Internationalization).
- Overcome the selected courses, participating in all its activities.
- Prepare a presentation of what they have learned during the course to the rest of the School teachers.
- Introduce into their annual and classroom programmes new activities for the language teaching, emphasizing the communicative competence. -Use the social network and the digital media to share the acquired knowledge with other people.
The activities to be carried out to assess the achievement of the training plan are:
- Getting the course Cerfitication
- Approval and encouragement of other teachers in their presentations of what the have learned during the courses
- Using new classroom activities into the foreing languages annual and classroom programmes.
- Finally, another long-term benefit would be to establish school partnerships with other European participants in the selected courses.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation