Kendi Kendime Öğrenmem İçin Bana Yardım Et!
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
Preschool period is an educational stage which shapes the future life of an individual. It is seen that the behaviors gained in this stage form the habits, beliefs, values, attitudes and personality of the individual. The purpose of Montessori education, which is based on individualism, learning at everyone’s own pace and concerned with the free choice of person, is to activate all senses of a person by means of materials and setting prepared. In Montessori education in which there is no punishment, reward or exam every child is evaluated in his/her own development. The main duty of a teacher in Montessori education is listening to the pupils quietly and watching them while they are carrying out the activities. As a guide teachers are supposed to lead the pupils to enable them to move freely, work in groups or on their own, get know to their environment and discover the information by themselves.
It is strongly thought that a good foundation laid in preschool stage contribute to the individual in all their lives. Montessori education aims at raising individuals who respects to not only themselves but also the others, cares about environment around them and maintain their lives in harmony with the community via supporting sensorial and social lives of pupils.
Montessori education which supports the individual education has become widespread especially in private sector. Considering that Turkey aims at having all parts of society in economy under the same circumstances in order to reach EU standards, general purpose of this project is to apply Montessori education which is more common in private educational institutions to public bodies. Furthermore, for the sake of giving an vocational education suitable to international occupational standards, it is among the expected outcomes of the project that teachers working in public schools will have a chance to experience and examine the best practices of Montessori education in EU countries so that they could share their experiences and knowledge with the policy maker agencies and institutions.
In the leadership of Akyurt District National Education Directorate, our Consortium is composed of a nursery school, primary school and vocational high school where trainings are given as to pediatric development to the educators. Our foreign partner is a nursery school in Sweden which is expert in Montessori education and has the necessary knowledge and experience in this field.
20 participators to join in the mobility activities abroad will be composed of preschool educators, administrators, teachers who give trainings to preschool educators and staff related to this field.
The activities to be done in terms of mobility are as below:
1. For the purpose of introducing Montessori method grounding on individualism, giving a-48 hour- hands on and theoretical training,
2. Analyzing legislative regulation and instructional program related to preschool education
3. Examining materials and setting prepared for the Montessori education
4. Examining the approaches and methods applied in vocational schools where qualified intermediate staff is raised
5. Observing and examining nursery schools giving Montessori education in one of the developed UE countries, Sweden.
As Consortium leader, we are responsible for carrying out the Project; however, we offer to establish a Project Management Unit in the leadership of Consortium leader in order to increase the quality and impact of the Project. In this unit, Consortium members will be included, as well. Therefore, we are planning to exhibit a transparent management mentality. In order to have outcomes as qualified as desired at the end of the Project, we also offer to prepare a Strategic Communication Plan, Risk Analysis Plan, Monitoring and Evaluation Mechanism and Detailed Work Plan. By means of these tools, we aim at reaching expected outcomes.
Expected outcomes of our Project are as below:
1. Sharing the knowledge and experience gained by participants in EU countries with our stakeholders
2. Positive changes in participants’ knowledge, skills and attitudes
3. Increased motivation and development in occupational profile of participants
4. Raised awareness among families and students about Montessori education in preschool education
5. Improvement in participants’ foreign language skills
6. Contribution to the intercultural tolerance
These changes are supposed to contribute to the participants’ occupational profiles so that they would raise awareness in their educational institutions.
The purposes of the project in the long term are:
1. Adapting Montessori education in public bodies giving preschool education and ensuring sustainability
2. Ensuring preschool education suitable to international occupational standards
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation