JugendEU + Bad Gleichenberg
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The project participants are 32 apprentices from the vocational school of tourism in Bad Gleichenberg. The workplacements will take place in different sectors of tourism in Valencia, Spain and in Kilkenny, Irland. There is a big need for skilled workers with language knowledge in the Austrian economy, especially in the hospitlity industry you find a lot of guests speaking foreign languages. Hence this project provides our apprentices with experience that will enhance their chances on the labor market.
In the weeks prior to the mobilities the participants will prepare for the project, once in the foreign country there are following key aspects:
* broading of horizons concerning everyday working life and mentality in the host country
* putting into practice the existing practical and theoretical skills
* socialising with guests, hotsfamilies and supervisors in the host country
* enhancing team skills through shared experience and knoweldge exchange
* application of language skills
* awareness of history and culture of the host country
The teacher's mobility will provide unemployed Greek youth with the basic knowledge in tourism that will help them recruit a apprentice-ship placement in a company in Austria, enabling them to participate in the vocational training (dual system) in Austria. The preparatory course will put emphases on cooking and service techniques and will be held by the two vocational teachers in Greece.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation