Jeunes pour la paix
Start date: Jun 18, 2014,
End date: Apr 17, 2015
Into the context of partnership between ACCOORD and CEMEA, and CEMEA and Keffiyeh Center, and due to the will of ACCOORD to develop international projects to allow the youngs of Nantes' social centers to experiment interculturality or a first mobility experience, ACCOORD is looking for new international partners. the exchange with Palestine is not meaningless, as it will arouse committment and mobility of the youth on a federative project.
The project will be in 4 phases:
- preparation of the exchange, that will mobilize the french group on a first international project
- hosting a palestinian group in Nantes during august 2014, to provoke a concrete exchange between the participants, and a first intercultural experience for both groups
- hosting of the french group in Palestine (autumn 2014) will be the occasion for the french group to live a first mobility experience, to discover the reality of the palestinian context, and to strenghten the links between the associations through the personnal and professionnal relationship
- promoting the project: the palestinian and french groups will convey the experience they lived, what they earned on the personnal level, what it will provoke in the area.
The project gathers 6 youth workers (4 french and 2 palestinian) and 22 youngs (10 palestinian and 12 french), coming from disadvantaged areas (UDZ and refugee camps). They are all over 18. The groups and the team will be mixt, and will take a special care to balance the number of women and men within the groups.
The project was built from a simple diagnosis and with a methodology:
- a first exchange (august 2013) which mobilized the youngs of the neighbourhood
- a will of the youngs of Malakoff to intensify the exchanges
- the associative project of ACCORD to develop international partnership
- a networking via the CEMEA
- an involvment of the workers teamps and youngs from Malakoff, accompanied by the CEMEA, experts in project methodology
The expected effects are:
- a multiplicating effect of Nantes' youth mobilization on international projects
- intercultural skills for ACCOORD social workers
- international partnerships for ACCOORD
The long-term expected effects will be the increase of the mobility of the youth, and the implementation of international perennial projects in the social centers of Pays de la Loire.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation