Jelgavas Vakara (maiņu) vidusskolas pedagogu mācīb..
Jelgavas Vakara (maiņu) vidusskolas pedagogu mācību mobilitāte Joensuu, Somijā
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
One of the main targets of European educational strategy is to reduce the number of students with incomplete basic education by the year 2020. The Policy of Latvian youth for 2009 - 2018 highlights that some groups of young people demand additional support. The majority of learners at Jelgava Evening (shift) Secondary School (hereinafter JVMV) are the children and young people, who are considered to be at risk of bad social conditions. So, the target of JVMV is to provide an opportunity for these children and young people to get basic and secondary education for their better integrating into the labor market. In order to reduce the number of students with incomplete basic education and in order to prevent learners from this risk, JVMV has developed a complex of different approaches: prevention, intervention and compensation measures. However, the results are not always successful.
Due to the fact mentioned above, one of the JVMV strategies is to share and exchange the experience of work with young people who are at social risk and consequently, at risk of having incomplete basic education. One of the scheduled events for the Year 2015 was the attendance of the course "Every pupil is important - special education in Finland and Europe!" that was taking place in Finland, Joensuu.
The Erasmus + learning mobility project "Jelgava Evening (shift) Secondary School teachers learning mobility course in Joensuu, Finland" was organized to build a modern, dynamic, and more successful environment at JVMV by integrating best practices and innovative methods into practice. It will be very helpful experience for providing more favorable atmosphere at JVMV for learners at social risk and consequently, to reduce the number of students with incomplete basic education.
2 participants was aproving to take part in the Erasmus +mobility project.
The project procedure:
1. The preparation phase - the choice of the mobility project, personnel selection, the development of the European advancement plan, the participants’ linguistic and pedagogical practice, travelling arrangements, the arrangement of The Europass Mobility document receiving;
2. The Erasmus + learning mobility project implementation: The Erasmus + mobility program travel to Finland on the 5-9 ninth of October, 2015;
3. The follow-up phase: the JVMV learning group organization, its work coordination and implementation of its recommendations into JVMV everyday pedagogical process, then evaluation of its results.
Implementation of project activities achieved the following results:
- mobility participants have improved their linguistic and pedagogical skills, improved their competences on preventing early school leaving;
- learning group involved in 50% JVMV teachers, directly and indirectly involved in 90% of the teachers and support staff;
- learning group resulting from the work teachers said that their competence to deal with early school leaving risk has improved, but still need to improve it;
- 50% decrease in early school leaving primary school;
- more than 50 Jelgava teachers, school principals and deputies acquainted with the results of the project;
- publications resulting improved JVMV prestige and reputation of the Erasmus + Jelgava city and district population.
Erasmus + mobility end of the project have been put forward tasks for further work.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation