Jak lepiej i efektywniej uczyć dzięki współpracy m..
Jak lepiej i efektywniej uczyć dzięki współpracy międzynarodowej
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
A Project ‘How to teach better and more effectively through international cooperation’ will be implemented by five teachers from The Primary School Number 1 in Puławy. The school community is made up of 528 students and 51 teachers. At the Primary School No 1 only English is taught. Most classes are not divided into smaller groups according to the level of language proficiency. This division applies only to the branches above 25 students.
Developed by the teachers European School Development Plan describes the main purpose of improving the quality of teaching in School No 1.
Diagnosed with specific objectives are:
1. Enriching the educational offer.
2. Raising the professional qualifications of teachers and promoting the idea of lifelong learning.
3. Improving management skills, especially in the field of implementing international projects.
4. Using modern teaching methodology.
5. Training of key competencies.
6. Intensifying of international cooperation.
To achieve these purposes is to lead the implementation of the project by five participants:
- Małgorzata Ziemska, Beata Wójcik (vice director of the School No 1) – the English teachers, who will improve their skills in the methodology courses in England; among their training needs there is a necessity to highlight the desire to learn new teaching methods (activating methods and stimulating curiosity)
- Maria Okoń (early school education), Małgorzata Pakuła (early school education, the headmaster of the School No 1), Barbara Pieńkowska (Biology) – the teachers of non-language subjects will participate in the general courses in England; among their training needs there is first and foremost to improve their English proficiency, the level of which has been insufficient so far to conduct expected professional development (in the personal and school sense).
The following training requirements relate equally to both groups of participants:
- establishing contacts with foreign partners, international exchange of experience,
- access to knowledge edited in foreign language,
- expanding knowledge of the culture of English-speaking countries, developing knowledge in the field of European education,
- increasing motivation to identify with the Primary School No 1 by raising the reputation of the school,
- improvement in the field of management (educational institution and EU projects),
- knowledge of European educational standards, methodology and training systems,
- improvement of the key competencies.
The project will be implemented on the basis of the following main activities:
1. Taking a decision about joining the project, recruiting participants, preparing of European School Development Plan, editing of application,
2. The first meeting of the project team: before the announcement of the results in programme, the team met to develop a schedule of activities, to make the division of tasks, and to choose the way of communication and reporting,
3. Promoting information about EU programmes among the school community,
4. To obtain a positive decision on the project,
5. Analysis of the education system in school: a SWOT analysis, observation of students, conducting interviews among the children and their parents, using of available forms,
6. Promotion of the project through a website, mailing to partners (including proper administrative authority) and the media, during the meetings with parents
7. Organizational and substantive preparation, in cooperation with the external company and the whole school community,
8. The departure of teachers on methodical and general courses,
9. Dissemination of results: information on the website, organizing workshops for teachers of the Primary School No 1 and teachers from other schools,
10. Promotion of results
11. Evaluation: summary of all project activities and results achieved (repeated after one year from the end of the project).
The benefits of participation in the project: improving the quality of school education, by:
- improving methodological knowledge of teachers and increasing of the using of new technologies during the lessons will lead to improve the attractiveness of lessons,
- improving the language skills of teachers (including school management) will lead to an increase in the mobility of students and teachers, as well as to the use of English-speaking scientific publications, information portals, and thus an increase in teachers ' knowledge,
- getting knowledge of European educational tools (eTwinning platform, programmes, Europass certificates),
- increasing educational offer of the Primary School No 1 by the introduction of European education components, using authentic English-speaking sources, taking additional classes for students in English
- getting the European dimension of education and improve the prestige of the school, which will lead to the identification of students and teachers from the Primary School No 1,
- promotion of the school in the region, Poland and the EU.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation