Italy and Russia United For Altruism
Start date: 01 May 2015,
End date: 31 Oct 2016
The project “ITRU-Italy and Russia United For Altruism” intends to offer a young people from Italy the opportunity to experience a long term service (12 months) in UFA (Russian federation) in a structured programme of youth activities to support the local hosting community, contributing to spread solidarity and fostering intercultural learning.
The project aims to stimulate the active participation of the local young people of Ufa and to raise their awareness on active citizenship, through peer-to-peer education activities organised by the hosted EVS volunteer in cooperation with the receiving organisation. The activities of the project promote the reflection on contemporary society and values, throughout a wide set of non-formal education initatives producing a positive impact on the local community, such as:
- intercultultural learning workshops and non formal education paths within the schools to encourage the young people to become active citizens, enhancing their stimulating their active participation in civic life and raising their consciousness as active citizens;
- communication tools to promote volunteering as a instrument of active citizenship enabling to improve community’s life conditions;
- information on the programmes and opportunities for the youth.
With the purpose to stimulate the active participation of local youth in social and cultural life and spread messages of solidarity, the EVS volunteer will be involved into a vast range of promotional activities targeted to young people in the territory of Ufa throughout a structured timetable of workshops and small events with the students of the high schools, university and youth clubs.
The main tasks of the volunteer will be:
- promote the activities of the organization by organizing presentations in schools and university of Ufa;
- spread information on the opportunities available through the Erasmus+ Programme;
- disseminate general information on the activities of the European Institutions with special enphasis to the external relations with neighbouring countries and Russia in particular;
- organize workshops on the topics of Project Management, HR Management, Time Management and other necessary skills for social entrepreneurship;
- organize a School of Young Leaders for schoolchildren and young people;
- help the receiving organisation to develop projects ideas in the framework of Erasmus+ Programme;
- support the receiving organisation with innovative ideas and activities that match interests or particular skills of the volonteer.
By carrying out the activities the volunteer will have a clear picture about the situation of youth policies in Russia and their way of life, formulating in the end reccommendations to policy makers which might be useful in the future to improve the cooperation between EU and Russia in such a sector.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation