It’s Your Turn for Social Changes
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: Mar 1, 2016
This project aims to promote structured dialogue on youth issues by combining local activities with the organization of a transnational youth seminars and with the participation of young people as well as policy makers in the youth field. During the project we will investigate and have a constructive debate on Europe 2020 strategy, in conjunction with the European elections which were held in June 2014 and how these elections influence policies for youth and for the recognition of youth work.
Project consists of preparatory, implementation (meetings of youth, networking and mentoring, promotion of participation and activism of youth) and evaluation activities.
Central activities are conducting and a publishing research results on Youth Issues, Policy and Non Formal Learning; two transnational meetings of youth in Slavonski Brod and in Zadar; and publication of one Youth Workers Training Kit and of one Manual on Fostering Active Citizenship through Non Formal Setting.
With this activities we want to enable equal and structured dialog between regional/local authorities and 32 representatives of Youth Councils and different youth organizations with aim to find solutions and suggestions of better youth inclusion in creation of better living, working, educational, cultural, and material and other conditions in their local communities.
- Analyzing how young people in these different countries understand and view European Union issues and policies
- Identifying the barriers to active youth participation young people from disadvantaged areas ace in their daily lives
- Raising the awareness of young people at mechanisms of youth policy-making and youth participation
- Promoting the recognition of Youth Work and non-formal learning
- Raising the awareness on EU and national Youth Policies
- Familiarizing the participants with the goals of the Europe 2020 strategy
- Raising awareness on the role that the young people can play as active European Citizens
- To increase the level of youth involvement in all areas of social life of local community and to empower them in taking their role
- To make local authorities more sensible for development and making of local/regional acting programs in cooperation with and for youth and, which are in line with specific interests, opinions and needs in their local environment.
Project is imagined as social process in which participants voluntarily trough interactive non-formal methods develop personal, social, and professional profile as well as competences for further learning.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation