Internship abroad making you ready for life
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The mobility project is aimed at 79 trainees aged 18 to 25 years old who have studied or are currently studying in the following fields:
- Children’s education and social work
- Commercial (business administration) with foreign languages as the main emphasis
- Media, clothes and graphic design
- Transport / logistics
10 trainees are among the group "Deprived young people" and take part in practical trainings in the field "Gastronomy" or "Technical Maintenance". It is intended that 1 accompanying person secure the qualitative operation of this project.
The project is coordinated by BIP (education and innovative pedagogy non-profit organisation) and it is made available to the consortium members. Depending on the existing productive capacity, the project will be advertised nationally and offered to trainees from other training institutions (ie, outside the consortium). The project will be realized corresponding with the "Open-Flow-Management" concept.
The project is aimed at individuals in occupations who primarily need to develop / optimize their experience:
- In an international context
- In dealing with people from different environments / backgrounds / cultures / and languages
- To strengthen the relationship between Europe settled partner companies, and therefore presuppose the international experience
- To recognize a perspective for the personal, social and professional development throught the project
The objectives of the project are the following:
- Guaranteeing and expanding the knowledge of the trainee
- Obtaining additional know-how (new methods, approaches, proceedings in their respective professional fields)
- Strengthening foreign language skills (in general and specific) and using them in a professional environment (work placement)
- Gaining confidence with people from different cultures as well as improving the participant´s intercultural competences and tolerance
- To implement the principle of equal opportunities and especially encourage disadvantaged youth and show them a perspective on the social and professional development
- To recognize and strengthen the potential of trainees, and thus to promote the social capital of Europe
- To strengthen the internationalization of educational institutions and thus to contribute to the integration of Europe
Project dates and duration as well as destinations have been discussed with the educational institutions in advance. These are adjusted to the above mentioned objectives, training needs of the trainees and guidelines of their respective educational institutions. The trainees are supported from the second year of training so that they have a deep knowledge or rather they are able to assume their first professional experiences as a solid basis for a rewarding traineeship abroad. Each educational institution has established the practical training contents in writing. These are arranged to suit the curriculum and the schedule of the training course and to build a basis of the planned work placement abroad. This ensures the quality of the project is guaranteed.
The work placement coordinators abroad are asked to check on the professional context and to thereby secure the development of the respective vocational skills of the participant.
The work placements are arranged individually and take place in the respective professional fields of the trainees. This is discussed and agreed upon beforehand with the hosting organizations. This is to guarantee the qualitative implementation of the projects.
Information sessions are conducted in vocational schools in order to ensure the administrative process of the practical training abroad and to remain transparent to the participants. In addition, a cross-cultural and administrative project preparation is planned via Skype in which the compulsory project data is reviewed, the main topics are gathered, the administrative process of the project is clarified and the forms of project quality control or rather the internship recognition are discussed. The Skype circuit between former participants and partner institutions abroad should lead to experience exchange and intercultural preparation.
The language preparation and development of participants occurs through the language modules on internet. In addition, participants are advised about offers that will help them to continue locally their language training and how and when they take place. On request, our partners organize language courses abroad.
Planned project results:
- Qualification and further training of participants (learning by doing, innovative methods, basic idea of "lifelong learning")
- Overcome language barriers by the use of a foreign language (written and oral)
- Promoting tolerance towards other cultures / world of work = integration in Europe
- Internationalization of educational institutions, strengths of synergies in the European Economic Area
The project will be implemented starting from August 2015 on.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation