Internationales Betriebspraktikum Österreich
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The inclusion of intercultural competence in the range of essential contents of education has been discussed in the field of practical training for some time. The need for this is primarily motivated by economic changes such as internationalization, Europeanization and globalization. Surely, these economic aspects are obviously a general framework that needs to be considered within a contemporary qualification scheme. In addition, sociological and social changes can be observed, which must also be taken up by locally acting vocational colleges.
At an early stage of professional education the future employees must be equipped with the necessary skills and abilities, such as flexibility, tolerance, autonomy, stress management and change of perspective, to ensure their employability and to qualify them for the internationalized labour market. Internships are a valuable part in the development of intercultural competence.
Objectives of the project
Related to the participants:
- The acquisition or development of intercultural competence,
- The personal development,
- The development of a sustainable employability,
- The acquisition or expansion of professional skills,
- The certification by the Europass Mobility (to ensure the recognition of qualifications and skills)
Related to the vocational school and the teachers involved:
- Securing and developing a high-quality, future-oriented and internationally competitive learning opportunity,
- The maintenance and development of international contacts and cooperation,
- The development of a modern and attractive school profile,
- The increase of the attractiveness of the BBZ Neuss as a partner in the dual system
- The further qualification of teachers, through the acquisition of intercultural competencies, for example.
The target group of the project: trainees who are in dual training referring to the Vocational Training Act. Participation is open to trainees of the sectors office and retail, who start the 2nd or 3rd academic year at the beginning of the internship. Total funding for 14 participants is requested. If there are more qualified applicants than internships, participation is decided by drawing lots.
Participants will attend the vocational school Zell am See - the college of our project partner - one day a week. At the four remaining days they are actively involved in an adequate company, according to their training sector in Germany. In addition, they will be involved in a project. The weekends are for (collaborative) activities available to gain a cultural impression of their host country. All participants will complete the internship together at the same time as a group, accompanied and supported by two German teachers.
Effects of the project
- Acquisition of skills on the part of teachers through the preparation, implementation and evaluation of internships,
- For everyday work the intercultural competence acquired by teachers support trustful collaboration with students who have different cultural backgrounds,
- Integration of - in the course of project - acquired insights into the ongoing development process of the school's curriculum towards the internationalization of educational contents,
- Development of an attractive and modern school profile by anchoring intercultural education,
- Increase of the acceptance of vocational colleges as an attractive and competent dual partner,
- Improvement and intensification of the cooperation with training companies based in the Rhine County Neuss
- Maintenance and strengthening of relations with our partner organization, the vocational school in Zell am See,
- Development of more individual responsibility of the participants in terms of professional development and their skills and competence profile,
- Development of better self-organization and greater autonomy of participants,
- Improvement of expertise of the participants and increase of their employability.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation