International praktik for erhvervsuddannelseseleve..
International praktik for erhvervsuddannelseselever ved Business College Syd og Haderslev Handelsskole.
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The project " International Work Experience in the Retail Business for Basic Commercial Course Students at Business College Syd" is for students who attend EUD/EUX Business. This is a branch of vocational youth education, which typically qualifies for an apprentice position in the commercial field especially in the retail business.
We would like to send 66 students to 3 countries: Italy, Ireland and Germany in 2 rounds in 2016 and 2017 respectively. We also apply for a grant for 6 (2 x 3) accompanying teachers, who will support the students during their first week abroad. (March/April 2016 and March/April 2017).
Our goals for the project are the following:
- To give students the knowledge of the business culture and conduct of another country.
- To allow students a better basis for getting an apprentice position and to be attractive employees in the Danish as well in the international labour market due to their knowledge of another country's business culture and conduct which provides them with the ability to act according to the required inter-cultural competencies.
- To strengthen the student's personal development, in terms of self-confidence, flexibility and tolerance.
- To strengthen the student's linguistic competence
- To increase awareness of the conduct in the retail business and the educational system in Italy, Germany and Ireland for employees, teachers and students.
The project will strengthen our basic commercial students' skills and thereby increase their ability of getting an apprentice position. The fact that they have completed a training period abroad will give them an advantage when applying for a job. The project will also motivate students to complete part of their education through the PIU scheme.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation