Start date: May 22, 2015,
End date: Sep 21, 2015
The project “InTelligence&Skills” was a transnational partnership project between seven organizations from seven different countries – Latvia, Jordan, Tunisia, Croatia, Romania, Spain and Egypt. The main project activity was a training course about information communication technologies (ICT). The training course was organized in Latvia from 14th to 20th of August, 2015. It involved 16 youth workers or youth leaders, who learned how to use open source graphic design tools, improved their presentation skills and learn how to visualize data. All selected participants where active members in their represented organizations, mainly in the age up to 30 years old.
The objective of project were:
• Increase youth organization capacity and quality to distribute information about their implemented projects and activities by enhancing their leaders and staff skills to use ICT;
• Enhance mobility of youth workers and youth leaders from Europe and MENA region by providing opportunity to develop their competences in another country and share their experiences between colleagues;
• Develop the cooperation among different organizations coming from Europe and MENA region;
• Build a broader understanding of ICT, open source technologies and on-line learning tools and their use in promoting organizations mission, activities and youth initiatives;
• Raise participants’ awareness and understanding of other cultures and encourage inter cultural dialogue.
Project leading partner was Zemgales NVO Centrs from Jelgava, Latvia, however project was developed together with all partners with a special involvement from "East & West center for Human Resources Development" from Jordan.
During seven days, participants learned basics of graphic design, data visualization tools, gemefication etc. as well as activities exploring different cultures and inter cultural aspects. Non-formal education methods were used during the training and some individual tasks and group work. The methodology was designed so people could reflect of their learning and learn from other participants.
The project result is increased capacity of each partner organization by better trained and educated employees or board members. Participants gained not only practical skills but also insight in other cultures (especially considering it was cooperation between EU and MENA region) and had possibility to share their knowledge with colleagues from other countries.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation