Improving Quality and Accessibility in In-Service ..
Improving Quality and Accessibility in In-Service Trainings for teachers
Start date: Oct 1, 2014,
End date: Sep 30, 2016
Context/background of the project
Lack of enough opportunities for professional development of teachers. Fragmented offer. Lack of quality criteria. Lack of awareness of teachers/educational staff of LLL opportunities.
Objectives of the project
increase accessibility of teachers to in-service trainings and raise availability of high quality and tailored in-service training. Online platform with high-quality teacher-centered quality criteria. Promote cooperation between schools and training providers.
Number and profile of participants
Two profiles of participant organizations: training providers and school
- Training providers: contribute with one representative to > international meetings / communication management / impact and dissemination / Community of practice. One person can undertake several roles, but it is suggested to create a project team of 2-3 people.
- Schools: will be asked to involve as much as their educational staff as possible. 2-8 of the teachers/educational staff (managers included and encouraged to participate). Participation in data research, attending trainings abroad and giving evaluation.
Description of the activities
- Data research to identify quality criteria: schools and training providers
- Development of training modules: training providers (transnational meeting)
- Training modules: attendance of schools, organized by training providers, constant evaluation > redefine and adjust criteria
- Online platform + Community of Practice> gather offers for teachers with quality-criteria applied // bring trainers together
- Multiplier event: dissemination of results > online platform. + Raise awareness of LLL
Constant cooperation training provider-school
Constant cooperation and monitoring in the training provider partnership
Results and impact envisaged
More trained educational staff, more aware of LLL initiatives, more willing to apply for training courses
Training providers more aware of teachers needs, exchange of best-practice with other TPs, part of the international network and Community of Practice
Potential longer term benefits
Schools> Higher quality education centers, better results from learners, teachers aware of European dimension
Training providers > collaborative network to exchange best-practices, promote greater visibility in the online platform, more aware of teachers’ needs and interests
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation