IMAGINA CON EUROPA II
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Alcobendas is a city placed in the Autonomous Community of Madrid, with a population of 112,188 inhabitants, has a high rate of youth unemployment, while an imbalance between the number of unemployed by genderaffects more women than men.
The city, committed to the welfare of its people and concerned about the high rate of youth unemployment has decided to present the new mobility project, through the City Council, as coordinator of the consortium, together with the Virgen de la Paz school (which was part of the consortium last year) and the CIFP José Luis Garci.
IMAGINA CON EUROPA II is aimed at a group of 15 young people between 18 and 35 years old from this city, following a course of vocational education training or training for employment with professional certificate, obtained in both cases in one of the schools of the Consortium. The training will not replace but rather complement FCT. Young people should be selected during the last year and will train within the year following their graduation (in the case of VET).
The sectors and professional groups that the project addresses correspond to the training offered by members of the Consortium and are as follows:
- Administration and management.
- Sound and vision.
- Information technology and communications.
- Installation and maintenance.
- Cultural and community services.
- Safety and environment.
- Transport and vehicle maintenance.
- Electrical and electronic workshops.
- Sports and physical activities.
This project offers an opportunity to improve the training and preparation of the 15 participants who will benefit from their scholarships, thanks to this mobility placement experience, articulated by practical training stays of 3 months in the cities of Florence (Italy), and Cork (Ireland). These stays will result in an increase in their skills and employability levels, while contributing to a reduction in youth unemployment figures, as well as a higher degree of social and economic development of this Madrid suburb.
These are the specific objectives of the project:
- To combat the high rate of youth unemployment, preparing participants for entry into the workforce through quality training and work experience.
- To achieve a higher level of professional expertise.
- To promote multilingualism with the intention of enriching individual skills that will drive their future prospects.
- To acquire a range of transferable skills (communication skills, use of ICT, working in multicultural environments, initiative, responsibility, decision making and response, etc.) that will help greater youth involvement in local society.
- To promote equality and inclusion through the access of students to scholarships regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
Besides their own mobility programs, IMAGINA CON EUROPA II offers, as added value, a comprehensive personalised program of employability pathways, making employment guidance services available to the participants upon their return from their stays, supported by this city.
Ultimately, through IMAGINA CON EUROPA II participants will be able to acquire specific mobility training experience in their sector, thereby improving their employment prospects either looking at entry into the workforce in a public or private company, or working on their business concerns.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation