ICTs Learning Workshops and EU Awareness
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
Jules Garnier High School wishes to take part in the EVS program, to allow oceanian high school student to understand their membership in Europe. It appeared, through the experience of the differents organizations involved, that the best ambassador of such awareness can only be a young person living within Europe.
By the EVS, high school student can meet young people of different nationalities and discover news cultures. It will also be the occasion to participate in activities in connection with their school training. The intervention of volunteers will be made with young people schooled according to their center of interest in the form of workshops.
Profile of the volunteers:
- Capacity to work in team
- Initiative spirit and good listening skills
- Great adaptation and organization skills
- Interest for the computing and durable development
Objectives of the mission :
- Preparation and organization of activities bound for student. The volunteer can operate one or several projects that he will carry.
- Spreading the information about the European Union.
Description of the functions :
- Organize and liven up workshops of apprenticeship with the student (in connection with the computing)
- Plan and assure the logistics
- Make simple administrative works of preparation and follow-up of workshops.
- Make the link with the teaching personnel in charge of the pupils and of the administration of the High School.
- Accompany the teachers in the school projects.
- Promote Europe and its culture.
- Promote mobility with EVS.
Services and opportunities of learning :
Volunteers will benefit at the end of mission of a youthpass which will allow to value their experience for their future insertion.
Furthermore, they will be accompanied throughout their mission, by 2 tutors:
- one within the coordinating structure – Mission d’Insertion des Jeunes de la province Sud
- one within the Jules Garnier High School.
Furthermore, intermediate balance will be realized between the volunteer, the hosting organization, the sending organization and the coordinating organization.
The impact and the results can be measured at different levels :
Participants: they will get a new experience in sense of intercultural learning and European citizenship. This experience helps them to find their place in their own society, or to make them have the will to change. This project also helps them to grow their self-esteem, since helping other people when someone is in need is a good tool to feel more valuable.
Organisations: in our case, this is a good opportunity to follow our strategy in involving mobility programmes and activities in the integration of young people with fewer opportunities. We are happy to have this partnership with our sending partner, since this placement is directly designed to have an impact for,among the other kind of public present in Jules Garnier, young people with fewer opportunities, who are our main target group. For the host placement, the presence of European volunteers is also a great advantaged to make their intercultural work even more colourful. We are also planning, for the next year a Leonardo Da Vinci-based-program project together, and this project gives us the opportunity to maintain a close cooperation among us.
The project results are spread in different activities, while the volunteers are still in New Caledonia. They will present their culture to the school students. We always place information about our projects on our web-site, and the receiving organisation will also put it on their Facebook site.
A report will be prepared about the project results, that will also be place in these places. On the events, when the youngster get in contact with the local community, it is a good possibility to contact the local media, who are very interested in these intercultural issues.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation