ICT integration in Maria Regina College, Naxxar Mi..
ICT integration in Maria Regina College, Naxxar Middle School
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) education is basically our society’s efforts to teach its current and emerging citizens valuable knowledge and skills around computing and communications devices, software that operates them, applications that run on them and systems that are built with them. ICT integration in Education or ICTs for Education are very common topics discussed in our Maltese educational system and schools have tried to identify the main trends, challenges, costs, best practices, policies, impacts and outcomes of such integration.
Our school, being a new school is trying to look for the best practices and models that can be used and implemented, that can suit the teaching staff, school administration and the students. The school has little experience in these new technologies but on the other hand, it is doing its best to find different solutions to start creating and efficient ICT integrated school. The school wants to use information and communication technologies as indispensable tools, to be efficiently and effectively in the teaching methods and reduce internal work load between teachers, senior Management team and administration. Also, this will help prepare students for the information era.
For these reasons sets as:
Enhance the key competences and skills on ICT and learning performance of young people attending MRC school in NAXXAR area
Foster quality improvements, innovation excellence and internationalisation at the level of education institutions.
To acquire and to improve new competences of teachers and other educational staff linked in ICT. Contributing to the creation of a more modern, dynamic and professional environment inside MRC; ready to integrate good practices and new methods into daily activities, planning strategically the professional development of their staff in relation to individual needs and organisational objectives.
Increase the capacity of MRC to operate at EU level
The project has set up a training programme of 7seminars (55 hours each) to be held in Seville, focus on ICT integration in school management and education activity. For the MRC staff, seminars activities participants will be 3 staff member of the School each training seminar.
Each seminars will be follow by an activity in which participants will experiment best practices discussed in the seminars with their colleagues and students. The activity to carry out will be decide with Inercia Digital and MRC tutors help (duration at least of 1 month). At the end of the activity participants will report the benefits and problems carrying out such tasks.
The project main impact for MRC will be:
- Elaborated a LONG TERM ICT STRATEGY, and a positive attitude towards ICT;
- improved quality of the use of ICT in management, preparation, techniques, strategies and teaching resources for teaching activities;
- ICT integrated in the school curriculum;
- gained commitment to ongoing professional development in ICT, teachers informed of courses in professional development, as well as offered general support;
- increased capacity for operating at EU/international level: improved management skills and internationalisation strategies;
- gained a more modern, dynamic, committed and professional environment inside the organisation: ready to integrate good practices and new methods into daily activities;
- school more open to synergies with organisations active in different educational fields;
In a EUROPEAN PERSPECTIVE the project impact positively on several aspects in accordance to its dimension:
- it enhance digital competences students filling the lack of ICT skills;
- dissemination activities improve awareness of ICT integration issue in educational to spread the usefulness of such training program for education staff among:
*stakeholders (schools, digital companies, European training organizations, local and national agencies or authorities in charge of education etc.);
*citizens (local communities and European community - press, social network, website, dissemination activities);
The potential long term benefit of the project is the acquisition by the MRC School community (Staff, management, teachers, students) of all the basic skills to improve an efficient ICT policy inside its organization, and start participating in local and european programme/project in ICT for the specific target of its students, becoming a a local and regional point of reference in this sector.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation